Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Just War
by G. Willow Wilson
Pub Date 29 Oct 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #WonderWomanVol1theJustWar #NetGalley
Far below Themyscira, Ares, the God of War, has been imprisoned for generations, repenting his past sins. But his new cellmate Grail may have an unexpected effect on him...and the plan they've come up with will change Themyscira--and the world--forever! When Wonder Woman rushes to eastern Europe to rescue Steve Trevor from a mission gone wrong, she'll find herself face to face with a very new, very different God of War.
It's true, Ares has been reborn on Earth--but has he changed for the better? Of all the role models in the world, he seems to have chosen...Wonder Woman?! Diana and Steve Trevor better watch their backs, because Ares isn't the only creature of myth to find his way to Man's World...and he's not the only resurrected Olympian either.
Collects Wonder Woman #58-65
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, PopMatters, IGN, CBR, and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites
• Publicity features on The New York Times, Vogue, Daily Beast and more
• National advertising campaign: Goodreads, in-book advertising, Comic Book Resources, IGN, College Humor, Hero Complex, latimes.com, The Onion
• Digital ARC available July 2019
• Trade advertising campaign includes Publishers Weekly, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Email blasts sent to libraries, retailers and media
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor Graphic Novels catalog advertising
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Goodreads giveaway
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Support at trade book conferences and comic shows
• Promotional graphic novels poster and bookmarks
• In-store co-op advertising
• In-book advertising on DC Comics periodicals