Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Just War
by G. Willow Wilson
Pub Date 29 Oct 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #WonderWomanVol1theJustWar #NetGalley
A NEW BATTLE BEGINS!
War. For humankind, it is the oldest and deadliest enemy there is. And for Diana of Themyscira, the same is true...almost.
Because to the Amazon Princess, war is not just an impersonal force of destruction. War is a god--a god named Ares.
And Ares is back.
Resurrected after years of oblivion, this young god has emerged once more to shake the world to its very foundations. But Ares is still impressionable, still able to be molded into something less cruel and more just...if he has the right mentor.
He has chosen Wonder Woman. And now Wonder Woman must make a choice of her own.
Can Diana reform Ares's wicked ways? Or will she and everyone she cares about learn the hard way that there's no such thing as a just war?
It all begins in Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Just War! Acclaimed writer G. Willow Wilson (Ms. Marvel) and artist Cary Nord (Conan) launch a whole new era for comics' greatest superheroine with guest art from Xermanico (Injustice), Jesus Merino (Superman), and Emanuela Lupacchino (Starfire)!
Collects Wonder Woman #58-65.
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, PopMatters, IGN, CBR, and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites
• Publicity features on The New York Times, Vogue, Daily Beast and more
• National advertising campaign: Goodreads, in-book advertising, Comic Book Resources, IGN, College Humor, Hero Complex, latimes.com, The Onion
• Digital ARC available July 2019
• Trade advertising campaign includes Publishers Weekly, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Email blasts sent to libraries, retailers and media
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor Graphic Novels catalog advertising
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Goodreads giveaway
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Support at trade book conferences and comic shows
• Promotional graphic novels poster and bookmarks
• In-store co-op advertising
• In-book advertising on DC Comics periodicals