Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #ShadowOfTheBatgirl #NetGalley
Cassandra Cain is the daughter of super-villains and a living weapon trained from birth to be the ultimate assassin. But that doesn't mean she has to stay that way, right? She'll have to go through an identity crisis of epic proportions to find out. But how do you figure out who you're supposed to be when you've been trained to become a villain your entire life?
After a soul-shattering moment that sends Cass reeling, she'll attempt to answer this question the only way she knows how: learning everything she possibly can about her favorite hero--Batgirl. But Batgirl hasn't been seen in Gotham for years, and when Cass's father threatens the world she has grown to love, she'll have to step out of the shadows and overcome her greatest obstacle--that voice inside her head telling her she can never be a hero.
Sarah Kuhn, author of Heroine Complex and I Love You So Mochi, takes on her favorite hero of color for a new audience of readers. Featuring the edgy art style of Nicole Goux, Shadow of the Batgirl tells the harrowing story of a girl who overcomes the odds to find her unique identity.
• Author interviews & national publicity campaign
• Trade publicity campaign including Kirkus, Booklist, Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Library Journal and The Horn Book Review
• Advertising campaign: Publishers Weekly, Shelf Awareness, Goodreads, American Booksellers Association, NetGalley, Bookish, DOGO Books, Booklist, Baker & Taylor and Ingram
• Digital and print ARCs available November 2019
• Extensive library and academic marketing
• Academic reading guide and discussion guide distribution
• Promotion at ALA Midwinter 2020 and PLA 2020
• Inclusion of galley in ABA Indie Bound mailings, November 2020
• Book trailer available March 2020