by Shea Fontana
Pub Date 03 Mar 2020
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #BatmanOverdrive #NetGalley
Driven to solve the mystery of his parents' murders, teenage loner Bruce Wayne hones his detective and combat skills as he scours the underbelly of Gotham looking for clues. Feeling responsible, Bruce is eager to find someone to pin the blame on so he can absolve himself of the guilt he feels. His quest for freedom while still clinging to the past is revealed in his effort to rebuild his dad's first car. Finding the correct parts forces Bruce to open himself up to new friendships and challenges, ultimately leading him to what he desires most: freedom!
Batman: Overdrive by writer Shea Fontana and artist Marcelo DiChiara is a heartfelt story touching on the importance of friendship, trust, and forgiveness.
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including EW, USA Today, PopMatters, IGN, CBR, and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites
• Trade review campaign including Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Library Journal, and Horn Book Review
• Part of extensive marketing campaign for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers, with $500k marketing budget
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Local author book signing events
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley
• Trade advertising campaign including Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media and DC Kids accounts (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Excerpts made available on DOGOBooks
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Promotional posters available