Salkehatchie Secret

A Carolina Slade and Callie Morgan crossover

Pub Date 29 May 2020 | Archive Date 03 Feb 2021
BelleBooks, Inc., Bell Bridge Books

Talking about this book? Use #SalkehatchieSecret #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Carolina Slade Mysteries, Book 5

A dead federal agent and Lowcountry secrets stir up a hornet's nest. . .

A Carolina Slade and Callie Morgan crossover!

(A stand-alone mystery)

Carolina Slade's long awaited engagement is put on hold as Senior Special Agent Wayne Largo leads the manhunt for his missing partner—a naïve fresh recruit, who may have jumped the gun on an investigation from Slade's case load. When the agent is found dead next door to the jurisdiction of friend and Edisto Beach Police Chief Callie Morgan, Slade calls in a favor to add support for Wayne's investigation. Soon the two women are hip-deep in the secrets, black water swampland, and farms of the Salkehatchie region.

And anyone attempting to uncover those secrets gambles with their life.

Author Bio: Author C. Hope Clark, an award-winning writer of two mystery series (Carolina Slade and the Edisto Island mysteries), founded FundsforWriters.com, which Writer's Digest has recognized in its annual 101 Best Web Sites for Writers for almost two decades. Hope is married to a 30-year veteran of federal law enforcement, a Senior Special Agent, now a private investigator. They live in South Carolina, on the banks of Lake Murray. Hope is ever hard at work on the next novel, and you can visit her at chopeclark.com

The Carolina Slade Mysteries, Book 5

A dead federal agent and Lowcountry secrets stir up a hornet's nest. . .

A Carolina Slade and Callie Morgan crossover!

(A stand-alone mystery)

Carolina Slade's long...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781611949780

Salkehatchie Secret by C. Hope Clark is one of those books that you read for a few minutes and the clock reads two hours later. The story line is riveting, keeping you engaged much longer than you anticipated because you can't stop turning the pages. Carolina Slade is someone you don't want to underestimate. She is smart, courageous, and doesn't like to sit around while the boys do all the work. Special Agent Wayne Largo is sexy and manly and what dreams are made of in a partner for life. Slade and Wayne want to spend their lives together, but the world had other plans for them. It all happened one fateful night before an investigation into St. Clair Simmons's failed farming venture. There is a death, a shooting, and a secret within the farmer's compound. This farm's location brings in Chief Callie Morgan and Deputy Don Raysor, whom we all know and love. Callie and Slade continue to strengthen their female bond as they are thrown into the case with a lot of questions and little answers. I love their shared moments of wisdom and advice. The setting is mostly nighttime, which sets the mood as being very dark and somber. The description of the scenes is always spot on. I always felt right there when the action occurred and wanted to give my two cents to the characters. The only thing I wished to see more of is Slade and Wayne together. I know it is part of their job to be apart and adds to the plot, but I wanted to see them interact more and really get to the depth of their feelings with each other. Even if they showed emotions differently. Maybe this will happen in future novels. Speaking of that, I CANNOT wait to read the next one. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs an escape from the world for a few hours or days.