Raven Wakes the World

A Winter Tale

Pub Date 06 Oct 2020 | Archive Date 06 Oct 2020

Talking about this book? Use #RavenWakestheWorld #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The winter holiday means a hundred things in a hundred different lands. But no matter where you travel, winter is a time for storytelling. Raven Wakes the World presents a very different winter holiday tale sure to touch the heart, bringing together an ancient Inuit legend and a haunting romance.

Katie Mason is an artist wounded in the soul, a creator who’s forgotten how to create – and how to love. She has come all the way to Alaska to make art and to heal from a broken relationship. But she hasn’t been able to do either. At least not until a dark-eyed stranger enters her life. His stories fuel her imagination and her passions. But his secrets may do something far more transformative.

Christmas is a season of gifts and miracles, of love and healing and the joy of homecoming. This mythic holiday gift will awaken the wonder of the season in you – and make you think of winter in entirely new ways.

Advance Praise

“I got lost in the writing and it had an aspect of Raven, so of course I loved it.”

— Charles de Lint, author of Moonheart, The Onion Girl, and The Wind in his Heart

"Raven Wakes the World is exactly my favorite sort of tale: personal, poignant, and powerful. A story rich with detail and graceful in the depiction of our heroine’s changing perspective. Lush prose mixes with equally lovely illustrations to reshape a world through the lens of myth to make something truly magical".

— James A. Moore, author of This Is Halloween and the Seven Forges series

“A beautifully-told story filled with love, humor, and spirit that will linger long after winter. I loved this book. Not since Charles de Lint’s Newford collections have I read something so warming and joyous. This is perfect reading in front of the fire with snow on the sill, and the perfect reason not to venture outside.”

— Paul Brandon, author of Swim the Moon and The Wild Reel

"Raven Wakes the World is...

EDITION Hardcover