My Conversations With Canadians

Narrated by Marysia Bucholc

Pub Date 15 Sep 2020 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2020

Talking about this book? Use #MyConversationsWithCanadians #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

On her first book tour at the age of 26, Lee Maracle was asked a question from the audience, one she couldn’t possibly answer at that moment. But she has been thinking about it ever since. As time has passed, she has been asked countless similar questions, all of them too big to answer, but not too large to contemplate. These questions, which touch upon subjects such as citizenship, segregation, labour, law, prejudice and reconciliation (to name a few), are the heart of My Conversations with Canadians.

In prose essays that are both conversational and direct, Maracle seeks not to provide any answers to these questions she has lived with for so long. Rather, she thinks through each one using a multitude of experiences she’s had in Canada, as an Indigenous leader, a woman and mother and grandmother over the course of her life. Lee Maracle’s My Conversations with Canadians presents a tour de force exploration into this writer’s own history and a reimagining of the future of our nation.

EDITION Audiobook
PRICE
DURATION 5 Hours, 3 Minutes

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)