"Tall, short, big, small, athletic, artistic . . . cousins may look different and have different interests and abilities, but that just makes them one extraordinary family! From Maricela’s bilingual spelling skills to Mario’s tech whiz abilities, no two cousins are alike—and that’s just the way they like it. All the cousins are muy entusiasmados for the surprise at the end of their family gathering!
Diane de Anda cleverly highlights the beautiful diversity of Latino and mestizo families as readers are introduced to each cousin. Isabel Muñoz’s whimsical illustrations are filled with rich details, delivering a cornucopia of color for young readers. Featuring a mix of skin tones, personalities, and abilities, 21 Cousins is a delightful read that invites children to appreciate the rich heritage of Latino culture."
A Note From the Publisher
Paperback also available [ISBN 9781595729163]
• Email campaign to select librarians, teachers, educators, and booksellers
• Advertisements in Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, and other publications
• Reviews by trade magazines, blogs, websites, and other outlets
• Social media marketing through character profiles and giveaways
• A featured title at national and regional conferences and trade shows