Please Don't Give Me a Hug!
by Judi Moreillon
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 01 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 20 Sep 2021
"There are children who enjoy a solid bear hug, and there are those who don’t—and that’s okay. Friendliness, love, and affection can be shown in many different ways! In this sweet book, young children share the different ways they feel comfortable being greeted by new or friendly acquaintances.
Author Judi Moreillon’s simple, powerful words describe the many ways a person can show a child they care, highlighting the importance of empathy and consent. Estelle Corke's charming illustrations show multiple ways of delivering a friendly greeting. Please Don’t Give Me a Hug! has an encouraging emphasis on social-emotional development that helps to instill confidence in children encountering unfamiliar or scary social situations. This book is helpful for children on the autism spectrum or with touch sensitivity. "
• A featured title at national trade shows and conferences
• Email campaign to select librarians, teachers, educators, and booksellers
• Specialized mailing to hospitals, clinics, autism programs, and other organizations
• Advertisements in Publishers Weekly and other trade publications
• Reviews by trade magazines, blogs, websites, and other outlets