The Chicken Who Loved Books

Pub Date 02 Aug 2018 | Archive Date 18 Aug 2021
Hunt Haven Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #TheChickenWhoLovedBooks #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Little Red the hen loves it when Henry reads books to the chickens in the coop. But when Henry stops bringing books and brings a video game instead, Little Red tries her best to tell him that books are better. Charming illustrations accompany this fun story that brings children and chickens—and books—together.

A Note From the Publisher

Book illustrator: Marrieta Gal

Book illustrator: Marrieta Gal

Advance Praise

“I loved reading to my kids when they were little, and I know this one would have been one of their favorites. Angela Hunt has created a wonderful tale that will delight both parents and children while reinforcing the importance of reading. Engaging illustrations bring the story to life and provide opportunities for conversation and teaching on each page. I can hear children saying, 'Read it again!' as the final page is turned. Don't miss this charming picture book.”
—Mocha with Linda blog