Grief Doodling

Bringing Back Your Smiles

Pub Date 01 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2021
BQB Publishing, WriteLife Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #GriefDoodling #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From the very first page, Grief Doodling invites action. Topics range from the benefits of doodling, to why doodling is fun, to doodling tips, and responding to doodling prompts. The prompts, based on grief research, promote self-worth and healing. This is a hopeful book—something all grieving kids need.

A Note From the Publisher

eBook ISBN - 978-1-60808-253-7

eBook ISBN - 978-1-60808-253-7

Advance Praise

What Harriet has created is brilliant and I heartily endorse its use by all who grieve or have experienced trauma in their lives. – Mitch Carmody, author of Letters to my Son.

Grief Doodling is a wonderfully powerful and well thought out resource. – Glen Lord, co-founder of www.thegrieftoolbox.com

This book opens yet another door . . . showcasing doodling’s greater ability to ease our passage from grief back to joy. – Sunni Brown, author of The Doodle Revolution.

Putting pen to paper is a meaningful, healing way to process difficult emotions like grief. – Joanne Fink, illustrator, calligrapher, founder of Zenspirations.

I wholeheartedly endorse Grief Doodling as an important resource and know it will help many young people easily and safely express their feelings involving grief and loss. – Linda Goldman, author of Life and Loss: A Guide for Helping Grieving Children, Fellow in Thanatology.

Hodgson has created a magnificent tool that every person experiencing loss should have at their fingertips. I love this book! – Sandy Goodman, author of Love Never Dies.

Hodgson’s gentle, fact-based approach is evident in the doodling prompts. This is a wonderful kid’s book—a creative outlet for children to process their grief. – Dr. Heidi Horsley, Executive Director of the Open to Hope Foundation.

Grief Doodling will help children and bereaved people of all ages. – Heidi Smith, Fellow in Thanatology, Certified Grief Counselor.

Grief Doodling is a...