The Hydrogen Revolution

A Blueprint for the Future of Clean Energy

Pub Date 16 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 16 Nov 2021

Named a Financial Times Best Book of 2021

An energy expert shows why hydrogen can fight climate change and become the fuel of the future

We’re constantly told that our planet is in crisis; that to save it, we must stop traveling, stop eating meat, even stop having children. But in The Hydrogen Revolution, Marco Alverà argues that we don’t need to upend our lives. We just need a new kind of fuel: hydrogen. From transportation and infrastructure to heating and electricity, hydrogen could eliminate fossil fuels, boost economic growth, and encourage global action on climate change. It could also solve the most bedeviling aspects of today’s renewable energy—from transporting and storing wind and solar energy and their vulnerability to weather changes to the inefficiency and limited utility of heavy, short-lasting batteries.

The Hydrogen Revolution isn’t just a manifesto for a powerful new technology. It’s a hopeful reminder that despite the gloomy headlines about the fate of our planet, there’s still an opportunity to turn things around.

Named a Financial Times Best Book of 2021

We’re constantly told that our planet is in crisis; that to...

ISBN 9781541620414