The Keeper of Night

Pub Date 27 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 28 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheKeeperofNight #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

I am too dangerous to let live any longer.

It is written in the Book of Ankou, decreed by the High Reaper himself.

Death will come to find me...but I will no longer be there.

Half British Reaper, half Japanese Shinigami, Ren Scarborough has been collecting souls in the London streets for centuries. Expected to obey the harsh hierarchy of the Reapers, who despise her due to her mysterious mother and even more mysterious Shinigami powers, Ren conceals her emotions and avoids her tormentors as best she can.

When her failure to control her developing Shinigami abilities drives Ren out of London, she flees to Japan in search of the acceptance she’s never gotten from her fellow Reapers. Accompanied by her younger brother, the only being on earth to care for her, Ren enters Yomi, the Japanese underworld, to serve the Goddess of Death...only to learn that here, too, she must prove herself worthy.

Determined to earn respect, Ren accepts an impossible task — find and eliminate three dangerous Yokai demons. With help from only her brother and a new ally who might be less than trustworthy, Ren will learn how far she’ll go to claim her place at Death’s side.

I am too dangerous to let live any longer.

It is written in the Book of Ankou, decreed by the High Reaper himself.

Death will come to find me...but I will no longer be there.

Half British Reaper...

A Note From the Publisher

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Kylie Lee Baker grew up in Boston and has since lived in Atlanta, Salamanca, and Seoul. Her writing is informed by her heritage (Japanese, Chinese, and Irish), as well as her experiences living abroad as both a student and teacher. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing and Spanish from Emory University and is currently pursuing a Master of Library and Information Science degree at Simmons University. In her free time, she watches horror movies, plays the cello, and bakes too many cookies. The Keeper of Night is her debut novel.

Advance Praise

'The writing is highly immersive and vivid, letting the reader feel like they are on an adventure' Jessica, Goodreads

'What a rollercoaster. I can't even describe how amazing and beautiful this book is. I had tears. I had chills. More than anything, I want more.' Dill, Goodreads

'This book was everything I want from a fantasy. It was dark, gruesome, and had amazing worldbuilding.' Brinley, Goodreads

PRICE A$19.99 (AUD)