People Change

Pub Date 04 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 04 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #PeopleChange #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"A deeply generous and honest gift to the world."
--Elliot Page

The author of I’m Afraid of Men lets readers in on the secrets to a life of reinvention.

Vivek Shraya knows this to be true: people change. We change our haircuts and our outfits and our minds. We change names, titles, labels. We attempt to blend in or to stand out. We outgrow relationships, we abandon dreams for new ones, we start fresh. We seize control of our stories. We make resolutions.

In fact, nobody knows this better than Vivek, who’s made a career of wearing many hats: artist, performer, musician, writer, model, teacher. In People Change, she reflects on the origins of this impulse, tracing it to childhood influences from Hinduism to Madonna. What emerges is a meditation on change itself: why we fear it, why we’re drawn to it, what motivates us to change, and what traps us in place.

At a time when we’re especially contemplating who we want to be, this slim and stylish handbook is an essential companion—a guide to embracing our many selves and the inspiration to discover who we’ll become next.
"A deeply generous and honest gift to the world."
--Elliot Page

Vivek Shraya knows this to be true: people...

EDITION Hardcover