by William L. Myers, Jr.
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 07 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 24 Aug 2022
In the aftermath of his wife’s apparent suicide, Jackson Robert Hunter wakes up outside a bar with a badly battered head and no memory. Revelations convince Jackson that his wife’s death wasn’t a suicide, but a murder, and he sets out to find the killer.
While hunting the villain and struggling with his amnesia, Jackson discovers that his own backstory is a dark one, littered with broken hearts and dead bodies: a wife he betrayed; a lover he abandoned; a squad of crooked cops he double-crossed; and a city that lives in fear of his name.
Jackson’s odyssey takes him from a small town in Kansas to Philadelphia, then back cross-country to Las Vegas. Along the way he encounters a sister he didn’t know he had, a niece he failed to save, and a mentor ready to lead Jackson down the darkest of paths.
Finally, at the end of his journey, Jackson discovers that it’s not another man he’s been running to, or from, but his own damning deeds, and the paradoxical redemption they might bring.
A Unique Blend: Perfect for fans of The Bourne Identity as well as fans of Gone Girl
Praise for William L. Myers, Jr.
“William Myers’s riveting new novel is not just a crackerjack legal thriller, it is also a wrenching portrayal of a whole range of father-daughter relationships, showing how they can damage, how they nourish, how they go dangerously off track. A story not to be missed.” —William Lashner, New York Times best-selling author
* “[In] Myers’s impressive debut . . . the gripping plot builds to an ending that’s a complete shocker.” —Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
“About as close as one can get to . . . an exciting train ride, short of purchasing a pricey Acela ticket. Fast-paced, tightly written, and inspired by a real-life railroad disaster.” —The Big Thrill
“Talk about a mystery . . . I just couldn’t put it down.” —Fresh Fiction
Hardcover PR & Marketing Highlights:
· Mailing of physical & digital ARCs to major trade publications, notable bookstores, book reviewers, social media influencers and digital media
· Submit for BookBub’s New Release E-Blast
· Pitch title at Distributor Sales Conference
· Goodreads giveaway of 100 digital copies, 2-3 months prior to publication.
· Advertising in trade publications
· BookTrib advertorial
· Featured new release in Oceanview monthly newsletter
· E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of mystery, thriller & suspense fans, booksellers, and librarians.
· Launch month feature on Oceanview’s social media and website home page.
· Submission for award consideration
· Amazon A+ description/feature
· Ongoing co-op advertising with Amazon, Ingram, Baker and Taylor via distributor
· Ongoing submission for special promotions with major retailers
Average rating from 64 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
We Are Bookish
J. Scott Savage
Michael G. Long
Mia P. Manansala