The Impossible Us

Pub Date 22 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 22 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheImpossibleUs #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"So funny, so original, so beautifully mad--I am seething with envy that I didn't write it myself. I adore rom coms like this, which push genre and achieve the impossible - leaving the reader not quite knowing how it's all going to end!"--Sophie Cousens, New York Times bestselling author of This Time Next Year

In this funny and poignant novel, two strangers learn that their soul mate might be both as close as breath and as distant as a star, from British Fantasy Award recipient Sarah Lotz.

Bee thinks she has everything: a successful business repurposing wedding dresses, and friends who love and support her. She’s given up on finding love, but that’s fine. There’s always Tinder. Nick thinks he has nothing: his writing career has stalled after early promise and his marriage is on the rocks, but that’s fine. There’s always gin. So when one of Nick’s emails, a viciously funny screed intended for a non-paying client, accidentally pings into Bee's inbox, they decide to keep the conversation going. After all, they never have to meet.

But the more they get to know each other, the more Bee and Nick realize they want to. They both notice strange pop culture or political references that crop up in their correspondence, but nothing odd enough to stop Bee and Nick for falling hard for each other. But when their efforts to meet in real life fail spectacularly, Bee and Nick discover that they’re actually living in near-identical but parallel worlds. With a universe between them, Bee and Nick will discover how far they’ll go to beat impossible odds.
"So funny, so original, so beautifully mad--I am seething with envy that I didn't write it myself. I adore rom coms like this, which push genre and achieve the impossible - leaving the reader not...