This Farm Is a Family
by Dan McKernan
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 12 Apr 2022
In this adorable illustrated picture book for kids written by Dan McKernan (Saved by the Barn), the rescue farm animals at Barn Sanctuary decide to help a cow who is dealing with fear and anxiety in her new home. Children will learn the importance of friendship and compassion, as well as why it’s important to support others during hard times.
Inside this book, kids ages 4-8 will discover:
- A positive message about friendship, kindness, and understanding others
- How to show compassion to others
- Ways of coping with difficult situations, including how to deal with fear and anxiety
- A page with information on Barn Sanctuary and their rescue efforts, with information on ways you can support the real-life animals featured in the book
This Farm Is a Family follows a group of rescued farm animals who are living their best lives at Barn Sanctuary. Each one is eager to meet the newest arrival, Buttercup the cow, and show her all the fun things they can do together. But Buttercup doesn’t want to play--in fact, she doesn’t want anything to do with the other animals. So with a lot of love and understanding, the animals work together to help Buttercup discover she’s part of a new family and can leave her old fears behind.
This Farm Is a Family is perfect for:
- Birthdays, Christmas, and Easter or Passover gifts, as well as back to school reading
- Children ages 4-8 who love farm animals and cuddly creatures
- Teaching young readers kindness and compassion, and that they can make a difference in the world
- Kids who are in a new school, new neighborhood, or new house
Author operates the Barn Sanctuary Farm in Michigan
Social media following of 700k+ across all platforms
Kids love stories about animals; this pairs a fictional story with the real-life story of the animal
Book has philanthropic opportunity, offering ways to support the Barn Sanctuary
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 19 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Brenda S. Miles
Yaffa S. Santos