How We Can Win

Race, History and Changing the Money Game That's Rigged

Narrated by Kimberly Jones
Pub Date 18 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 25 Jan 2022

A breakdown of the economic and social injustices facing Black people and other marginalized citizens inspired by political activist Kimberly Jones' viral video, "How Can We Win."

This program is read by the author.

“So if I played 400 rounds of Monopoly with you and I had to play and give you every dime that I made, and then for 50 years, every time that I played, if you didn’t like what I did, you got to burn it like they did in Tulsa and like they did in Rosewood, how can you win? How can you win?”

How We Can Win will expand upon statements Kimberly Jones made in a viral video posted in June 2020 following the murder of George Floyd at the hands of police. Through her personal experience, observations, and Monopoly analogy, she illuminates the economic disparities Black Americans have faced for generations and offers ways to fight against a system that is still rigged.

A Macmillan Audio production from Henry Holt and Company

This program is read...

EDITION Other Format, Unabridged
DURATION 4 Hours, 30 Minutes

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)