Running to Win

The Story of Eric Liddell

Pub Date 01 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 01 Apr 2022
Barbour Publishing, Barbour Books

Talking about this book? Use #RunningtoWin #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A world-class runner.
A committed Christian.
A life of courageous service.

Meet Eric Liddell: Running to Win.

This Scottish runner bypassed an Olympic qualifying race because it was being held on a Sunday. Then he qualified in a different race and won a gold medal (in world record time!) in the 1924 Paris games.

But Eric Liddell left his fame behind to become a missionary in China. His dramatic story, which inspired the Academy Award-winning 1981 film Chariots of Fire, will challenge you to run the race of life mentioned in Hebrews 12:1–2:

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

This easy-reading, novelized biography details Liddell’s life and ministry, and the sacrifices he made in commitment to God. You’ll be inspired to follow his example, as he followed the example of Christ. . .and run the race of life to win.

A world-class runner.
A committed Christian.
A life of courageous service.

Meet Eric Liddell: Running to Win.

EDITION Paperback