I Guess I Live Here Now

Pub Date 24 May 2022 | Archive Date Not set
PENGUIN GROUP Penguin Young Readers Group, Viking Books for Young Readers

Talking about this book? Use #IGuessILiveHereNow #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Like the very best K-drama bottled up in a book." —Maurene Goo, author of Somewhere Only We Know

"A dazzling, utterly swoonful romp that artfully navigates identity and place. I absolutely devoured this." —Mary H. K. Choi, New York Times bestselling author of Emergency Contact and Yolk

For fans of Anna and the French Kiss and Loveboat Taipei, this effervescent debut takes readers on a journey to the place where trends are born—Seoul, Korea—where Melody Lee unwillingly moves with her family and must start a new life, a new school...and maybe a new romance.

Melody always wanted to get to know the Korean side of her Korean American heritage better, but not quite like this. Thanks to a tiny transgression after school one day, she's shocked to discover that her parents have decided to move her and her mom out of New York City to join her father in Seoul—immediately! Barely having the chance to say goodbye to her best friend before she's on a plane, Melody is resentful, angry, and homesick.

But she soon finds herself settling into their super luxe home, meeting cool friends at school, and discovering the alluring aspects of living in Korea--trendsetting fashion, delectable food, her dad's black card, and a cute boy to hang out with. Life in Seoul is amazing...until cracks begin to form on its shiny surface. Troubling family secrets, broken friendships, and a lost passion are the prices Melody has to pay for her new life, but is it worth it?

Claire Ahn's charming debut lets you taste every bite of kalbi, bathe in the glow of Seoul's neon lights, and feel every high and low of Melody's journey across the world and within her heart.

Send to Kindle (PDF)