Neuroscience

Unlocking the Mysteries of the Brain & Consciousness

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 21 Feb 2022

How we think, feel, move, remember, imagine, and experience the outside world and our own bodies is the domain of neuroscience. For millennia, the workings of the brain and nerves could be approached only through superstition and conjecture. Then, in the 19th century, neuroscience began to cast light on this most complex of our bodily systems. This accessible, illustrated book traces the development of neuroscience, from ancient beliefs to the technologies of the present day.

Featuring photographs, diagrams and profiles of key figures, this book provides a wonderful grounding in the study of neuroscience through history.

ABOUT THE SERIES: Arcturus Fundamentals Series explains fascinating and far-reaching topics in simple terms. Designed with rustic, tactile covers and filled with dynamic illustrations and fact boxes, these books will help you quickly get to grips with complex topics across the sciences and humanities.

EDITION Ebook