How Your Pain Becomes the Path to Living Again
by Jacob Armstrong
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 19 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 05 Oct 2022
Thomas Nelson--W Publishing, Thomas Nelson
In a broken world, we ache for a way to walk through life without giving up or giving in. Instead of breaking down, Jesus offers us another way: breaking open. Discover a new way of living and rise with hope, power, and purpose!
Everyone aches to be whole. We ache to be healed. We ache to be restored. But most of the time we wouldn’t put it into words. We just know we are broken because our child is addicted. We ache because the depression of our youth is now the depression of our golden years. We are stretched to the point of breaking because our career ambitions position us to commit to a pace we can’t sustain. Miscarriage, divorce, loneliness. In all of it, we ache.
In Breaking Open, Pastor Jacob Armstrong exposes the seven dangerous ways that we commonly seek to avoid a breakdown, showing how these seven ways are stealing life from us, and then walks us through a progression of seven Jesus-ways that move us from merely breaking to breaking open. It is these Jesus-ways that get us to the good stuff: a life filled with hope and opportunity.
In Breaking Open, you
- discover how your greatest heartaches can open you up to the life God desires for you,
- learn how to slow down from a frenzied pace and settle into the spacious life you have been longing for right now,
- stop living a cheap imitation of life and develop trust in who God says you are,
- receive permission not to have it all together by finding the power to love and live vulnerably, and
- find the courage to name the achy undercurrent in your soul so you can break it wide open and let Jesus heal you and make you whole.
Jesus never intended for us to break and stay shattered, but to fall and rise differently. To rise with power, rise with hope, rise with purpose. In Breaking Open, learn to rise open to a new way of living!