A Different Kind of Normal

My Real-Life COMPLETELY True Story About Being Unique

Pub Date 04 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 04 Nov 2022
Random House Children's, Crown Books for Young Readers

Talking about this book? Use #ADifferentKindofNormal #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In this joyfully illustrated memoir, author-illustrator Abigail Balfe recounts her journey growing up autistic and the challenges of navigating the "normal" world around her.

Hi! My name is Abigail, and I'm autistic. But I didn't know I was autistic until I was (kind of) an adult. This is my true story of growing up in the confusing "normal" world, all the while missing some Very Important Information about myself.

There'll be scary moments involving toilets and crowded trains, heartwarming tales of cats and pianos, and funny memories including my dad and a mysterious tub of ice cream. Along the way, you'll also find some Very Crucial Information about autism.

Important, funny, and completely unique, this book is for anyone who has ever felt different.

Hi! My name is Abigail...

PAGES 240