Equal Partners

Improving Gender Equality at Home

Narrated by Suehyla El-Attar

Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 05 Jul 2022

From gender expert and professional facilitator Kate Mangino comes Equal Partners, an informed guide about how we can all collectively work to undo harmful gender norms and create greater household equity.

As American society shut down due to Covid, millions of women had to leave their jobs to take on full-time childcare. As the country opens back up, women continue to struggle to balance the demands of work and home life. Kate Mangino, a professional facilitator for twenty years, has written a comprehensive, practical guide for listeners and their partners about gender norms and household balance. Yes, part of our gender problem is structural, and that requires policy change. But much of our gender problem is social, and that requires us to change.

Quickly moving from diagnosis to solution, Equal Partners focuses on what we can do, everyday people living busy lives, to rewrite gender norms to support a balanced homelife so both partners have equal time for work, family, and self. Mangino adopts an interactive model, posing questions, and asking listeners to assess their situations through guided lists and talking points. Equal Partners is broad in its definition of gender and gender roles. This is an audiobook for all: straight, gay, trans, and non-binary, parents and grandparents, and friends, with the goal to help foster gender equality in listeners' homes, with their partners, family and wider community.

A Macmillan Audio production from St. Martin's Press

EDITION Other Format, Unabridged
DURATION 9 Hours, 57 Minutes, 35 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)