Anthems We Love

29 Iconic Artists on the Hit Songs That Shaped Our Lives

Pub Date 25 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 17 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AnthemsWeLove #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What Beach Boys' song brings Paul McCartney to tears? What makes "Light My Fire" a rite-of-passage song for teens in every generation, according to Doors guitarist Robby Krieger? What is it about music that brings back so vividly the passion of our early loves, our adult losses, our richest memories?

In Anthems We Love, acclaimed music journalist Steve Baltin explores twenty-nine iconic songs through interviews with artists about their creative process and what songs form the soundtracks to their own lives. Whether you heard Aerosmith’s "Walk This Way" or KISS' "Rock and Roll All Nite" at a party in 1975 or 2015, Anthems We Love offers a treasure trove of all-new stories and delightful nostalgia about songs that transcend generations.

As Shania Twain shared about "You're Still the One," the music "travels so much further than the artist." Sit in on the songwriting sessions, the backstage conversations, the thought and heart behind the songs that have shaped you over the years--even as you have made them your own.

Send to Kindle (PDF)