The King and the Dragon

Pub Date 12 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 04 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheKingandtheDragon #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

With a memorable and rhyming style, this short and engaging picture book is ideal for teaching children ages 3–5 about God’s victory over the devil and what it means for them today.

A Note From the Publisher

PDF may not be compatible with all reading devices.

PDF may not be compatible with all reading devices.

Advance Praise

“James Shrimpton’s rhyming drama The King and the Dragon brings back memories of reading with our own children and sometimes for the second or third time hearing cries of ‘Again! Again!’ I can well imagine The King and the Dragon will receive the same response in many families. Parents will enjoy reading it out loud, children’s fertile imaginations will be stimulated by its storyline, and—perhaps best of all—both will want to talk about what it all means again and again!”

—Sinclair B. Ferguson, Chancellor’s Professor of Systematic Theology, Reformed Theological Seminary; Teaching Fellow, Ligonier Ministries

“Our church benefits regularly from James Shrimpton’s gifts of telling the story of the gospel in poetic words which magnify the Lord Jesus and trace the beauty of the biblical drama. I am thrilled that now many others of all ages can benefit too from this wonderful book. Read and enjoy!”

—David Gibson, Minister, Trinity Church, Aberdeen; author, Living Life Backward

“Fantastic book! With remarkable illustrations, The King and the Dragon is a beautiful and captivating tale. The task of communicating the gospel to our children through story is a significant work, and James Shrimpton does this excellently.”

—Devon and Jessica Robyn Provencher, coauthors, Big Theology for Little Hearts