Calling Back Love

Pub Date 13 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 30 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #CallingBackLove #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

War has stolen Kirsten’s fiance Shawn from her. After he’s reported missing and presumed dead in Afghanistan, she turns to witchcraft to bring him back. Though she can’t recall him from the dead, magic can grant them one last weekend together for a proper farewell. Once she has tasted his love again, she can hardly bear the thought of letting him go. Yet even this brief interlude violates the laws of nature. There is no way to make his return permanent—or is there?

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Average rating from 1 member

This short story was intriguing. As a military wife, I could instantly relate to Kirsten's heartbreak of losing Shawn and her desperation to bring him back. Some of the story felt rushed but that's how a short story is - I just found myself wanting more details! For a short story, I was impressed with how much was wrapped up at the end. A good, quick read!