The Nanny

Pub Date 08 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 13 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheNanny #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

20 years ago, a little girl disappeared. You thought it was your fault. Until now…

To the outside world I am just like any other mother. I juggle my job with the school run and taking care of my mum, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. My family is everything and I want to keep them safe.

But when a young woman arrives on my doorstep, a past secret that I have spent years running from comes hurtling into my present.

In an instant I am taken back to a dream trip to Thailand and to a job as a nanny that changed my life forever. It was supposed to be my chance at a better life. But it turned into a nightmare.

I try to tell myself that I am overreacting. But the woman in front of me looks so much like him. Is she the child who vanished without a trace? Does she want to be part of my life, or destroy it?

A totally addictive psychological thriller that will have you reading late into the night. Perfect for fans of Lisa Jewell, T.M. Logan and Shalini Boland.

A Note From the Publisher

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

Advance Praise

What readers are saying about Ruth Heald:

‘WOW!!!… I couldn't put it down until I finished at 2am!!!… My heart was pounding…I was absolutely blown away by the twists… THIS IS A BOOK THAT SHOULD BE READ, SHARED AND TALKED ABOUT BY EVERYONE!!!’Bookworm86, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!! This book is a total page turner and will keep you guessing with every page. Halfway through I thought I had it figured out and then BAM! The ending floored me… I just loved this book.’ Netgalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Wow – I was left speechless after reading this… Had my emotions all over the place… I was crying happy tears at a seemingly beautiful family reunion only to be screaming at the book pages later… Honestly one of the best thrillers I've ever read.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Another brilliant book from Ruth Heald. The plot was thrilling, tense and gripping and I couldn't stop reading until I reached the shocking ending. The twists and turns were fantastic.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I think this is the quickest I've read a book in a long while. I loved this! I was hooked from the start and couldn't stop reading.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Oh my goodness, what a brilliant read from beginning to the end, it just had me on the edge of my seat all the way and couldn’t stop reading… Brilliantly addictive, I can't stop thinking about it.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Ahhh isn’t it just amazing when a book does exactly everything right!!! I absolutely loved this from start to finish… This book was really one of those please-just-one-more-chapter books!’ @the_book_girls_1, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

What readers are saying about Ruth Heald: