Design Your Own Anime and Manga Characters
Step-by-Step Lessons for Creating and Drawing Unique Characters - Learn Anatomy, Poses, Expressions, Costumes, and More
by TB Choi
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 30 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 06 Sep 2022
Quarto Publishing Group – Rockport Publishing, Rockport Publishers
With Design Your Own Anime and Manga Characters, you’ll learn character design for these popular entertainment genres from renowned concept artist and teacher TB Choi.
- Constructing a Character. Build a character right from the start with the basics of human anatomy and proportion.
- Simplifying Forms for Poses and Gestures. Streamline form to develop effective poses and gestures from a variety of angles.
- Drawing Hair, Clothing, and Accessories. Render authentic details that support your characters and enrich your stories.
- Conveying Dimension, Emotion, and Character. Refine your use of line, shadow, and form to create visual variety, depth, and emotion.
- Pets, Chibis, and Sidekicks. Create pets, chibis, anthros, and kemonomimi with personality.
- Exercise: Design and Draw a Character. Learn a simple method for developing an original character, from mind map to finished drawing.
Filled with step-by-step demonstrations and expert guidance and advice, Design Your Own Anime and Manga Characters teaches you everything you need to bring unique characters to life.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 3 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Deb JJ Lee
Dr. Frumi Rachel Barr
William Pauley III
Traci Wooden-Carlisle, D. Tina Batten