by Sean Wilson
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 27 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Melbourne, 1930, as the Great Depression is taking hold: Thirteen-year-old Morris Turner, a little anxious by nature, feels more at home gazing at the stars than spending time with his detached father Jude, a detective, and older sister, Lottie.
When a young woman is murdered in Jude's home town of Gemini, he is assigned to solve the case. With fear and polio rising in the city, Jude reluctantly takes Morris and Lottie to the small town he left long ago.
At the family farm in Gemini, Morris meets relations who are strangers - an aunt, an uncle, and a cousin obsessed with detective novels - and is drawn into a community reeling from a murder and a financial crash. Without a clear suspect for the killing, suspicions have turned to the downtrodden, huddled in camps outside the town. But Morris is sure there is more to this case. With the help of new friends, he turns his attention instead to the people around him, confronting his fears and searching for a killer in a town full of mysteries - a search that will bring secrets old and new to the surface, and leave someone else fighting for their life.
A Note From the Publisher
* Sweeping historical fiction centred around a mysterious crime and a small town at breaking point, with a compelling evocation of Australia during the Great Depression
* Significant marketing and publicity campaign, including a $30k marketing budget and national publicity tour
* For fans of Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Gemini Falls will be supported by a $30k marketing plan comprised of:
- A poster campaign positioned next to or nearby bookstores in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Targeted advertising to readers of Craig Silvey's Jasper Jones
- Extensive Better Reading and Good Reading promotions
- National publicity campaign across TV, radio, podcast, print and digital outlets
- Pre-release and on-release social media advertising campaigns
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 31 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Katlyn L. Duncan
Andrew Katz; Juliana Léveillé-Trudel
Deborah Goodrich Royce
Meghan Joyce Tozer
Catherine V. Holmes