Is It Okay to Pee in the Ocean?

The Fascinating Science of Our Waste and Our World

Pub Date 21 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2023
Bloomsbury USA Children's Books, Bloomsbury Children's Books

Talking about this book? Use #IsItOkaytoPeeintheOcean #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Get the facts you'll really want to know when you really need to go.

Why do we pee? Is pee just yellow water? Is the ocean a giant toilet bowl (eww!)? If you've ever wondered about your body's waste . . . urine luck! This book is all about pee: from why and how we do it, to its effects on our world.

Explore the human systems that make pee happen, tackle environmental questions about the impacts of human waste, discover surprising uses of urine throughout history-like in mouthwash and skin creams-and even try out at-home, hands-on experiments (with no bodily fluids required, of course!).
With engaging black-and-white-illustrations and just enough ick-factor, this engrossing (and sometimes a little bit gross) book gets to the bottom of an oft-ignored part of the science of life.

Get the facts you'll really want to know when you really need to go.

ISBN 9781681195131