Someone Else's Bucket List

Pub Date 23 May 2023 | Archive Date 06 Jun 2023

Talking about this book? Use #SomeoneElsesBucketList #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In a sisterly P.S. I Love You for the digital age, when an outgoing social media influencer leaves crippling medical debt behind after her tragically young death from leukemia, her final wish is for her introverted younger sister to take over her accounts and complete her bucket list while her millions of fans follow along.

Perfect for fans of Josie Silver and Rebecca Serle, Amy T. Matthews’ wryly funny, bittersweet new novel puts a uniquely poignant, achingly uplifting twist on life after loss, dreams that can come true—and how a strong sister bond can be timeless.

My dying wish is for you to finish my bucket list. I refuse to die without knowing this list will be completed. And I refuse to die
without knowing my family will be okay…

Jodie Boyd is a shy and anxious twenty-something, completely unsure what to do with her life. Her older sister, Bree, is an
adventurous, globe-trotting, hugely successful Instagram influencer with more than a million followers. She’s the most alive person Jodie knows—up until Bree’s unfathomable, untimely death from Leukemia. The Boyds are devastated, not to mention overwhelmed with medical debt. But Bree thought of everything—and soon, Jodie is shocked by a new post on her sister’s
Instagram feed.

The first of many Bree recorded in secret, the post foretells a jaw-dropping challenge for Jodie: to complete Bree’s very public
bucket list. From “Fly over Antarctica,” to “Perform a walk-on cameo in a Broadway musical,” if Jodie does it—and keeps all
Bree’s followers—a corporate sponsor will pay off the staggering medical debt. If she gains followers, the Boyds won’t be the only ones to benefit. It’s crazy. It’s terrifying. It’s impossible, immoral even, to refuse. So, despite the whole world watching, Jodie plunges in, never imagining that in death, her sister will teach her how to live, and that the last item on the list—“Fall in love”—may just prove to be the easiest.

ISBN 9781496742087