The CEB Student Bible is a Bible by and for young people that invites them into deeper forms of both personal holiness and social holiness, helps them make connections between the world of the Bible and their own world, offers resources for engaging the text in personal and group study, and embodies a commitment to taking young people seriously as Christian leaders now, not just in the future. It is a resource that helps young disciples of Jesus Christ as they transform the world.
Available in two editions: a durable paperback cover, designed by Hatch Show Print, and a high-quality, leather-like cover with burnished text. The CEB Student Bible is perfect for confirmations and other gift-giving seasons.
• Introductions to each book of the Bible by leading biblical scholars. Each introduction gives an overview of the book, key themes, tips for reading, and quick facts.
• More than 350 articles by biblical scholars and a diverse group of youth ministers from traditions including United Methodist, PC(USA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, and ELCA churches. These articles model what it is like to really engage the Bible. They explore difficult
topics and the things that are important to young people today.
• Discussions for each book of the Bible by youth ministers. These are group and small group discussion questions, activities, and Reading Differently exercises.
• Prayers and reflections by young people who have participated in Emory University’s award-winning Youth Theological Initiative.
• Guide to the stories of the Bible.
• Twelve pages of maps with 4-page map index.
“If you’re searching for a Bible that will draw youth not only to read God’s Word but also form a deeper spiritual connection, The CEB Student Bible is your answer as it ‘mirrors how young people talk, read, and write with their friends.’ Because youth are a part of its composition, the effectiveness and impact is enhanced.” –Youth Worker magazine