Alien Snow

Pub Date 01 Aug 2011 | Archive Date 01 Sep 2012
Capstone, Stone Arch Books

On a winter day, a young boy visits a strange antique shop. The eerie shopkeeper tries to interest the boy in his personal collection of snow globes. The boy is polite, but clearly bored by the objects. Then suddenly, the boy finds himself trapped inside one of the globes, another prisoner in the shopkeeper's collection. The boy must find a way to escape, or remain a trapped forever! Part of the Good vs Evil series.

Advance Praise

"I found myself REREADING AND READING FOR DETAIL - both valuable behaviors. Struggling readers in particular are not good at this, and this story encourages this kind of effective reading behavior. In addition, the story's reliance on visuals CHALLENGES STRONG READERS who are accustomed to relying on words rather than pictures."

-Nancy Frey, PhD., Professor of Literacy and author of Teaching Visual Literacy: Using Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Anime, Cartoons, And More To Develop Comprehension And Thinking Skills

EDITION Hardcover