Lavender in Bloom

Pub Date 25 Jul 2016 | Archive Date 12 Oct 2016

A gripping and heartbreaking tragic love story that examines friendship, family, fear, and ultimately, the finality of loss. With writing that exudes striking beauty and poetic elegance, Lavender in Bloom is an exceptionally emotional and unforgettable read.

It’s the year 1802 in Avignon, France.

Noah Capet has spent most of his young life living simple and unvaried days in the hushed countryside of southern France. Quiet, reserved, and diffident, his preference for existing is to do so in solitude, keeping to himself both in town and on his family’s farm--a predilection that’s altogether disrupted when a newcomer to town by the name of Jeremie Perreault begins an unremitting quest to befriend him.

Jeremie is everything Noah is not. Charismatic and gregarious, he leaves a trail of charmed admirers in his wake wherever he goes. Expressive and idealistic, he talks without end about his deep love for old books and his spirited dream to one day travel the world on a literary pilgrimage.

Over the course of a single summer, the two form an unlikely friendship, but just as quickly as it develops, it soon entirely dissolves as they’re forced to face the truth of what has unexpectedly emerged between them.

Lavender in Bloom is a tender and tragic coming-of-age story about first love and self-discovery, and a poignant reminder that time is fleeting and always takes with it the choices we’re too afraid to make.

Advance Praise

"The writing is stunning and poetic. It’s severely emotional! [The author] made me dream and hope with the characters. I feared with them and in the end I mourned." -Meredith, Blogger

"Lavender In Bloom is a book that sent me through every emotion imaginable and then back again! It’s a beautifully written story...I fell in love with the characters, smiled with them, cried with them, rooted them on, and just became 100% invested in them and their journey." -Crystal, Amazon reviewer

"I love the writing style. The author has a gift for prose and her writing enables you to visualize and imagine life in 19th century France very clearly."-Dee, Goodreads reviewer

"Lavender In...