Celebrated Stories of 2016 Excerpt Sampler

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

These little samplers are nice, you get to see new stuff. I enjoy these a great deal and look forward to them
Thank you Penguin Random House for providing me with a sampling of books I’ve previous wanted to read which included:

The Mothers: A Novel by Brit Bennett (Riverhead)
The Girls: A Novel by Emma Cline (Random House)
Dark Matter: A Novel by Blake Crouch (Crown)
Sweetbitter: A Novel by Stephanie Danler (Knopf)
Homegoing: A Novel by Yaa Gyasi (Knopf)
A Gentleman in Moscow: A Novel by Amor Towles (Viking)

This sampler is an EXCELLENT tool for avid readers like me to plan out my reading.  I enjoyed reading the excerpts from each and every book listed.  I have purchased four of the six (The Girls, A Gentleman in Moscow, Dark Matter, and Sweetbitter) and the other two are on my “to be read/purchased list.”  I am excited to read each of these books completely.

I received this review copy (RC) of this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
A terrific sampling of books that made me want to read each one in full. Recommended for serious readers who’d like to have a “taste” before they buy. Wonderful resource!

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the review copy.
This to me was such a fantastic resource for finding the best books. The samples are very much appreciated as it means the reader can find out if they like the beginning of the story and the authors writing style before committing to the book fully. I just wish there were more publishers making samplers featuring their own authors/books - I am sure there would be many readers, including myself.
I really enjoyed the excerpts from this sampler, so I am excited for the featured titles to hit the shelves! :)
I loved the excerpts in this sampler! I can hardly wait to find the featured titles in my local bookstore!
This is a sampler that includes excerpts from some of the best novels published in 2016.

The excerpts included are for the following titles: The Mothers by Brit Bennett (Riverhead), The Girls by by Emma Cline (Random House), Dark Matter by Blake Crouch (Crown), Sweetbitter by by Stephanie Danler (Knopf), Homegoing by by Yaa Gyasi  (Knopf), and A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (Viking).

I read Dark Matter and LOVED it. I recommend this sampler if you want to have an idea of what the book will be like and the author's style.
I am all for samplers because you get to read about books you might not normally hear of and a chance to read a little bit before buying, so man hidden little gems just waiting to be discovered and bought.
Another great selection of books to sample, have read Dark Matter, which I thought was brilliant.  Many thanks for putting together this choice of what sound like amazing books!!!
Celebrated Stories of 2016 Excerpt Sampler stories sound interesting, but unfortunately unable to read them.  It gives me Spring 2017 Debut Fiction Sampler instead, which I have already read and reviewed.
Amazing sampler, thoroughly enjoyed it! Books added to my tbr
Hi, this is the wrong sampler. When I download this, it is the Spring 2017 Debut Sampler. Can you please fix it? Thank you!
I love the idea of these samplers.  You get a small dose of the story and a feel for the writing.   You get to see if you are going to enjoy the book and who could ask for more than that?  I requested one and wrote the rest of them down.  I keep a notebook with a list of books that I want to read at a later date!!
I really enjoyed the excerpts in this sampler. I can hardly wait for the featured books to hit the shelves!
Thank you.
Enjoyed it.
Will purchase copies for family and friends.
I'll be selecting a few of these for our collection. Great help for us librarians!
I enjoyed several of these titles. This is an excellent collection of books worth checking out.
Thank you so much for this sampler I have enjoyed some of these titles and I can now add 2 more of these to my reading list.
These samplers are a wonderful thing.  I love getting them every month.  I find so many new interesting books in them.