Member Review

Margaret D, Reviewer

Last updated on 28 Nov 2016

I Recommend This Book

Strongly

In this book I was introduced to DI Geraldine Steel even though there have been a number of books in the series (which somehow I have missed).

‘Deadly Alibi’ follows the convention of the lone detective with no partner to hamper her as she works long hours.  Although in this case Geraldine is caught up in the aftermath of her adopted mother’s death and the death of her birth mother.

At work she is called in to investigate the murder of the body dumped in a wheelie bin outside an Oxfam shop.  As the investigation develops we are presented with forensics, interviewing suspects, searching for witnesses and another murder.

I did enjoy this book and in particular because of the setting.  I lived in North London for many years.  Beth arriving at Cockfosters Station – I was right there with her.  The plot is well constructed and interesting and the characters credible. Geraldine’s personality and her situation also very credible.

I recommend this book as a good read, not thrilling, not scary but just a good, satisfying read and I shall be reaching for more by Leigh Russell.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley.