Cover Image: Ocean of Self

Ocean of Self

A very unique read. Comparing spirituality to the ocean really made me rethink certain aspects of my life. I would definitely recommend it.
The author starts with his experiences of diving with wondrous creatures and gradually segue into topics of science and spirituality.
I enjoyed photos of his diving trips at the beginning of book before he links the ocean with God, quantum mechanics and the like. You can see the later topics are more heavy and once in a while, you may think: what has this got to do with the ocean? I guess this book is for someone who wants to 'see the big picture' and is comfortable with topics in different areas.

*I got a free copy in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley
I absolutely loved the title of this book. I loved that the ocean was used as a metaphor. This is a great book for anyone who wants to find themselves.
Lovely book to read about experiencing finding yourself whilst diving in the ocean, a new way of finding relaxation on another level of consciousness
There is a peace underwater, away from the hustle and noise of everyday life. The experiences related are inspiring and in some places frightening, but always real.  Diving gives you a different perspective of the world and what is important.  Allows time for introspection and a sense of belonging to a much larger picture.
loved the premise of this book - "exploring the notion of a universal ocean of consciousness" using diving and ocean exploration as a metaphor. However, for me, it just didn't quite deliver the goods as it didn't seem to move enough away from diving and more into spiritual exploration.

This is a beautiful book, with gorgeous imagery, but I really did find it geared very much toward diving and ocean exploration which couldn't grab me.

There is breathtaking underwater photography, and the book is well-written. Highly recommended if you are a diver, snorkeler, boater who may also be interested in exploration of our universal unconscious.

Thank you, Netgalley and Mark Spencer, for providing me a complementary copy of the book in return for a fair and unbiased review.
Beautiful, unique and fabulous. This book is a must read for every one. I loved it and would recommend it to everyone. . You emerge better for reading it.