The Idea of You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Feb 2019

I am really not even sure what to say about this book...
While the premise sounded somewhat unbelievable - a mom hooking up with a 20 year old member of a world famous boy band - somehow the entire book read true. It just felt real as you were reading it. I read through this quickly because I needed to know what became of them. They had such a beautiful love story.
But now that I am done, I just don't know how I feel. I loved the book, but I have so many questions. I want more. I need more. Please give us more!
While I really enjoyed her writing - the book wasn't for me. I just couldn't connect to the characters or stay interested in the story. She's a wonderful writer though, I will check out her other work.
This book was an amazing, more than 5 star read. She takes a woman, speaks from her point of view as a mother and woman, and makes it beautiful and raw. It takes a woman that is older and gives you real life situations. This author makes real life happen right before your eyes. She creates a masterpiece that will blow your mind and make you cry.

The characters are real. The situations make you feel so many emotions. This was a truly amazing, real life story with one crazy, mind blowing ending.
This book... it took me for a huge roller coaster ride!! I had no clue what I was getting into, I had no clue what it was about except an older divorced mom. That’s it. And that’s all you should know going in as well.

Still, almost 3 days after finishing it, I don’t have a good grasp on what I just read and how it hooked me from the beginning. The ending...

Anyways. One of the best reads I have had in a while and probably ever. This is one of those books you will go back and read over and over trying to find out if you missed something, see other clues, come up with different thoughts.... JUST.READ.IT.

So good!
So, where to begin with this book.  I can easily say this book broke my heart, and not because it was a horrible book.  The writing was amazing, the ending was hard to take, that I will admit.  Simply because it was not really a traditional HEA.  Though you'd have to read it to understand why it couldn't be, but the ending wasn't bad.  My trouble with the book doesn't have anything to do with the authors writing style, I just had trouble connecting with Solene, the main character.  I loved Hayes, the way he was portrayed, the play between the band members and the dynamics and drama there.  The dynamics between Solene and her daughter, I just had a hard time connecting with Solene the character which made it hard to really connect with the full story with all the scenes between her and Hayes.
This book is one I wouldn’t usually pick up, but I’m so glad I did.  This book has all the feels!
This book takes a serious look at fame, taboo relationships and finding love where you least expect it.

I probably never would have picked up this book had it not been suggested as part of our book club but I enjoyed the May/December romance between the art dealer and boy bander.  Their banter was witty and fun and the storyline itself brought up many questions on the way society looks at relationships and how fame, social media and society plays into it all.

It took me a while to get into the book, but once I did I loved it.
This book was Great . The way it’s written makes you feel as if it a real life situation happening . This book pulls on so many heart strings and makes you keep trying to swipe at last page wanting no needing more.
There really was not one thing I did not love about this book. I nursed a book hangover for days.   I cannot recommend this book enough. The writing was flawless, the story was sophisticated and seductive, the were characters charming, the trope is terrific and the passion was off the charts! I want more of Solene and Hayes!! A sweet, sexy, seductive, sophisticated love story. A passion so great it will consume you…whole.
This book. I am really surprised that I read it, and truly liked most of it.  I usually have a hard time with much older women vs men in books, but that didn’t bother me with this one. Hayes was a great character, very charming and confident. Solene was awesome in the beginning and then began to annoy me. I feel like she let too many other people dictate her choices/decisions instead of fighting for what she wanted. But that ending....there better be a second book.
I loved this book! Solène daughter got VIP tickets to see August Moon. Hayes is one of the boys in the band and there was a instant click. Solène got a text message from  Hayes asking her out. When Solène couldn’t go to August Moon show Hayes was jealous of her daughter. He wanted to be near her all the time but it came off as a stalker.
I wanted to LOVE this book - because all of my book sisters loved it. However, I wasn't able to get into The Idea of You, so I won't be providing additional feedback due to the fact that I didn't finish the whole thing.
I read this book based on a recommendation from a favorite author.
This is a well written and intriguing story taking a reader into the mind of Sol as her relationship with Hayes takes place. I enjoy reading about the realistic relationship between Sol and her daughter.
The ending was a surprise at first but after thinking about it more, I feel it fit the storyline perfectly. That being said, a sequel wouldn’t be missed.
So...I just read this incredible book this week and I could not put it down.  Yes I know it is currently $9.99 and sometimes that's a lot of money for we bookacholics.  If you can't get it now, add it to your TBR.  It is a May/December love story that had me turning the pages as fast as I could.  This story is breathtaking and you will want to be Solenè.  I guarantee! 😅  It was worth every word, every tear, every delicious moment.  I have since started following the author and perusing her page to find any additional tidbits.  One thing I found out...the rights to the story have been picked up for a movie version.
AND...I can't wait!
NOTE TO AUTHOR:  We need more!!  Please 😍

The Idea of You: A Novel
A well crafted tale of an unexpected romance.  This story proves that not All love stories are fairytales.  I loved the authors choices.  The chemistry between Solène and Hayes was fun. The glimpse into life on the road showed the ugly side of the music business.  A great read even if the ending was a bit abrupt.
This issue usually my kind of read. However, it was suggested by one of my favorite authors so I decided to give it a try. I'm not keen on the age difference between the two main characters but being they are both adults I overlooking that minor pet peeve. Solene remds me of many women who I've seen come out of a divorce and suddenly they plunge themselves head first into reckless abandonment like they're newly twenty one again and have all the freedom in the world. I don't believe she planned for that to happen and she also don't think she bargained for the consequences of running around having clandestine affairs with a celebrity.
I was recommended this book by someone who said how great this was, A while i do agree with her the ending to this left me wanting and needing more, I know that for the author it was a good ending but for me it left me feeling empty like there story still had so much more to go, But saying that i still loved this book and couldn't put it down, I don't normally read book that have such a big age gap but Robinne did do a really good job writing there story,  really do hope there might be a bit more from Hayes and Solene.
This was a wonderful book, received this as a book to read/discuss as part of a group with another author. I loved the story line and characters. The ending left me stunned. Was wonderfully well written and I really hope there is eventually another installment.
I don't even know where to begin writing this review! This book had brought out so many emotions from me,happy to sad to angry! Sol and Hayes come from 2 different worlds including their age. One being a artist/seller and the other a band member. How does one overcome what the society deems acceptable in this day in age? Is it wrong to want to be happy despite the age difference(19 yrs to be exact). Hayes I guess you can say is mature for his is age but Sol has gone and seen and lived some of the things Hayes hasnt experienced before. Getting married , children.  Will they beat the odds and show the world that age is just a number? Brilliantly written , emotionally heartwrenching.
This is not a book you will want to put down. Be prepared to read and read and read until you finish. This book is filled with amazing characters, who you will find pieces of yourself (or someone you know) in. The writing is so well done you can really imagine each scene and almost live in the smells and tastes and everything else.
I have fallen in love with a new to me author quite like this in a while, but I must say I am looking forward to anything else Robinne Lee puts out.