Sanctuary

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

In his debut novel, Sanctuary, T.M. Brown, introduces his readers to the cast of characters who live in the tight-knit, small town of Shiloh, Georgia. Theo and Liddy Phillips moved to Shiloh from Atlanta expecting a quiet, tranquil retirement. Little did they know that their arrival would stir old wounds and lead them to discover a buried secret in their new hometown. Theo sets out to write a newspaper article about a local man who tragically died in a fire. While researching the local hero, he discovers quite a few secrets that some people in the town want to remain a secret. Brown immerses the reader into this quaint town and allows the reader to get to know his characters. The characters are interesting and likeable and the story is believable. The novel is God-driven and the language is clean. It was difficult to stay goodbye to the colorful characters who reside in Shiloh. Luckily this is the first book of what will hopefully be a long series.
Did not finish this book. I could not engage with this story or the characters.
“God doesn’t always send us on easy, comfortable tasks.”  T.M. Brown’s first novel is a promising start to a new series.  Retired and newly arrived in Shiloh, Georgia, Theo and Liddy Phillips find themselves welcomed into a tight knit community.  They also discover some local mysteries to solve, and this isn’t very popular with some of the city’s leaders.  Sanctuary is a great first novel and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Thank you.
Enjoyed it.
Will purchase copies for family and friends.
Too religious and too boring for me to keep reading after about 20 pages