Buzz Books 2017: Young Adult Fall/Winter

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Jan 2018

Great previews!  many upcoming books that I am excited to read soon!
Another great collection of book excerpts - these just keep adding to my To Be Read lists.
As per usual these Buzz Books are SO helpful! I am always able to find so many books that I end up loving thanks to these publications. I also love that I'm able to get a better idea of books that may not be the right fit for me thereby saving some serious time!
Helpful for getting a sneak peek at what's to come and figure out what titles would be up my alley.
I loved this collection of what was to come in Fall of 2017. A book like this allows readers to glance at what's to come and hurriedly add these books to their TBR before publication so that they can pick them up ASAP as soon as they hit the physical and digital shelves. These kinds of books with collections such as these are great, and so was this one for Fall of 2017 in particular.
Thank you for the opportunity to preview this new releases!
This series is such a great idea. Every edition I look forward to with anticipation.
What a treat! There’s extracts from a number of books I’ve already reviewed on NetGalley, and one or two I need to get round to. Like one of the best mix-tapes ever (showing my age) there isn’t a duff track on this...busy reading time.
I always love seeing the Best of Books, especially for YA since I am a high school librarian.  It's wonderful to get sneak peeks and early access to hot upcoming titles.  Thanks!
I always look forward to and enjoy reading the Buzz Books Monthly about upcoming releases! I usually find myself adding many of the featured books to my "to read" list on GoodReads. This seventh edition released for Young Adults wasn't any different. It got me particularly interested in learning more about Everless, Girls Made of Snow and Glass, The Gatekeepers, and Love Songs and Other Lies.
its great to see up and coming books to be able to keep an eye out on whats coming up and to be able to say to viewers and readers alike that something epic is on the horizon.  I like that, I like being able to get a glimpse of whats to come.
My TBR stack always grows by so much with every edition of this! I love reading the excerpts and I usually end up reading a handful of these.  Thank you!

As always, this Buzz Books is full of books with gorgeous covers and intriguing concepts. I had actually already managed to get my hands on a few of the books that they previewed (EVERLESS IS AMAZING AND EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT). The books that I had not read, but that instantly made the climb to the top of my TBR list are:
The Sidekicks: A book about three teenage boys who share a mutual friend, and the way their lives proceed after the death of that mutual friend. I'm a sucker for heart breaking books and this sounds like it will do just that.

The House at 758: If the concept of a heartbroken girl observing a strange house doesn't catch your attention, the gorgeous...

See Full Review
Everless was very intriguing! Will definitely pick it up when it releases
These collections of upcoming titles continue to be useful, but a lack of European or UKYA titles and the frustrating nature of only being able to read a small extract of books - not enough to form any particular opinion - make this edition perhaps by definition somewhat limited.
I enjoyed this sampler quite a bit, but not as much as some of the previous years. There were quite a few samples in this one that I was bored with. I did greatly enjoy the samples for Everless by Sara Holland, and All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis. I will be picking those up soon. I had high expectations for the sample of Jen Lancaster's book, The Gatekeepers. I love her adult books, but unfortunately the sample for YA book fell short for me. I found it boring, and it didn't keep my attention at all.
Discovered lots of new titles, so it served its purpose!
So much great YA coming out in for Fall/Winter 17! I can't wait to read more of these.

Book Review
Title: Buzz Books 2017: Young Adult Fall/Winter: Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Kwame Alexander, Jen Lancaster, Marie Lu, Marieke Nijkamp and More
Author: Publishers Lunch
Genre: Various
Rating: ****
Review: The buzz books collection is a collection of excerpts from upcoming authors and amazing authors with new books coming out. Some of these books I have ARC’s of but haven’t read yet. If you have read any of these books, I’d love for you to drop your thoughts in the comments section.
Solo by Kwame Alexander with Mary Rand Hess – Solo is a book that has caught my eye for a while now, so I was very excited to read the excerpt. We meet the protagonist Blade...

See Full Review
I really do love seeing these samplers go up every couple of months so I can get a taste for what's coming out soon/what I can currently request on NetGalley.

I have already read another Buzz Books YA this year, so I was excited to check out the new releases in fall and winter. However, this time, most samplers didn't really make me want to read more. The ones I really want to read are Everless and All Rights Reserved. I was also thinking about reading Girls Made of Snow and Glass, but after the sampler, not so much anymore. So it was still helpful in making my decisions.

I like the concept of Buzz Books very much and recommend it to anyone who wants a quick overview over upcoming releases and to find out which books to request/buy. I also like that there are many different genres and types of young adult books (I think there was also one...