Cover Image: Don't Tell a Soul (Detectives Kane and Alton Book 1)

Don't Tell a Soul (Detectives Kane and Alton Book 1)

D.K. Hood has written a brilliant new book called Don't Tell A Soul, it's the first in a new series featuring Alton and Kane. Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the advance copy.
Black Rock Falls is a small town in middle America, it's a safe town with very low crime rates. Suddenly people start to go missing, Sheriff Alton and her new Deputy Kane have the task of finding them.  Easier said than done!  Sheriff Alton faces great danger herself whilst trying to solve the missing persons case which puts an interesting spin on things.
I really enjoyed this book, it was very well written, I liked the style of writing and the characters.  The main characters are both strong people, they sometimes butt heads but you can tell that there is a genuine like and respect for each other.   It's good to see a strong woman taking the lead but also showing her insecurities and fears.
The story was fast paced and had plenty of twists and turns, and I didn't guess the bad guy which is a bonus.
I am really looking forward to future books and getting to know these two characters better and perhaps exploring their pasts and the reasons they are in Black Rock Falls. There is a story in their collective histories that is screaming out to be told.
This was a great story, I highly recommend it, I spent a very enjoyable and relaxing weekend with this book.
Don't Tell A Soul is out on the 30th October and can be ordered here on Amazon.
The only thing wrong with this book is that it’s the first in the series and I can’t immediately read another one. I loved this. This is going to be one of my must read series in the future
Really great read, read in one day
Black Rock Falls is a small town where crime and violence are rare, so Detective Jenna Alton feels a bit out of her element when a body is found in a barrel at the local dump. She surmises that the body must belong to one of the two strangers who passed through town and then disappeared. There is no obvious connection between the two, so Jenna and her deputy David are stymied. With any potential witnesses refusing to cooperate, Jenna begins to wonder if this quiet little town might have some dirty secrets. Secrets someone is willing to kill to keep quiet.
Advertisements