Cover Image: From Twinkle, with Love

From Twinkle, with Love

A charming, incredibly fun read! Sandhya Menon's books are ones I know I'm absolutely going to enjoy when I picked them up. This book did everything I knew it would. It made me laugh, sigh, and absolutely fall in love with two characters who I wanted everything to work out just right for them, especially Twinkle.

Twinkle is one of those characters you want to be friends with. There's something about her that I found so enduring, and extremely easy to like. Maybe it's the fact her journal entries are to her favorite female film makers, or maybe it's that Twinkle's story is one that really examines what it means to grow up, and find your place in the world, and chasing your dreams. Twinkle's story explores the ups and downs of growing up, finding your place in the world, the relationships you have (both within your family, and friendships), and of course there's also the possibly falling in love for the first time. This story is about all that, and I loved the way Twinkle brought all her experiences, and her feelings to life in this book. It was easy to relate to her, and to cheer her on.

This is definitely another Menon book worth picking up! I absolutely adore the way she writes her characters, their romance, and the mishaps that happen along the way. Menon's characters and their stories are ones I adore. I highly recommend picking up both this book, and Menon's debut, When Dimple Met Rishi.
Where do I begin? I thought this was such a cute story! I am not a big fan of YA contemporary due to me being older than the targeted audience. The last book I read was Eleanor and Park, which I loved. From Twinkle, With Love was such a refreshing read. I really enjoyed the story and the development. I found this story to be very believable and, even as an adult, relatable. The issues Twinkle face are not just issues in high school but found in everyday life. Twinkle’s problems are more relatable to me as an adult than in high school. She feels left out and ignored but works hard to make her dream come true. As we work, we want to rise to the top and some people will challenge their morals to thrive. Twinkle faces this problem as she starts to gains attention as she flourishes. She must learn who she wants to truly be and what she wants to portray with her films. Her best friend, Maddie, is having a hard time juggling Twinkle and her new friends. These sorts of issues occur on both ends, being ignored or trying to not ignore those who are important for you. Twinkle also faces a dilemma with her feelings as she tries sort through her feelings between Sahil and her secret admirer “N”. All of these issues Twinkle face are very realistic and it was nice to see her fall to rise again.

The characters were developed so well in this story. Twinkle had the most growth to truly find her best self. She started off feeling invisible but gains more confidence in herself as she continues directing her movie. I really enjoyed seeing Twinkle struggle through these challenges and come out on top. I was so connected to her character and really wanted her to thrive. Maddie was another character who had a lot of growth. We could see her trying hard to balance her friendship with Twinkle and Hannah. Sahil was probably my other favorite character. I really enjoyed his personality and his commitment. These characters were all a perfect fit for the book which really complimented the story.

Final Thoughts

Overall, From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon was a very enjoyable read. It was a refreshing story for YA contemporary. I am very happy that I read this book and gave it chance. I really enjoyed the story and found it very relatable for anyone. The characters were great and watching them fall and rise really made me cheer for them. A perfect blend of challenges and rewards was presented. I really enjoyed Twinkle’s character and the way she found true self in the end. This is a great coming of age book and I recommend it for anyone who is looking for a light fun read. If you enjoy YA contemporary then I highly suggest you pick up this book.
Funny and heartwarming book featuring a brown girl and her passions! So many students are going to love FROM TWINKLE WITH LOVE!
From Twinkle, With Love is the newest book by Sandy Menon, author of When Dimple Met Rishi, which I looooooved. I was so excited for her newest book. I flew through this book and it was incredibly sweet. There were a few parts of the story that seemed a little unbelievable, or maybe uncharacteristic of the main character, and I had some issues with how neatly some things wrapped up, but I would still highly recommend it.

My rating: 4 stars
From Twinkle with Love is a cute, sweet coming of age story with lots of personal growth and complicated, but overall likeable characters. I enjoyed the friendship, romance, and more exposure to Indian culture.
Like Menon's previous book, WHEN DIMPLE MET RISHI, this book is perfectly adorable. This book was a fast read—the characters are easy to connect to and Twinkle's diary is fun to read. I found some of the plot resolutions to be a little contrived and they seemed to resolve a little too neatly for my taste. But the book was a good palate cleanser between some other, heavier reads. It's a great book for a reset, to escape in a lighter world, or to get out of a reading slump.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a free and unbiased review.
An absolutely adorable read. The foreshadowing and dramatic irony were done well, generating the suspense for the impending drama to have maximum impact. Twinkle's character growth was satisfying to follow, and the romance between her and Sahil was super cute. The characters weren't black and white, each having their own insecurities and desires, creating realism and complexity that made for interesting dynamics.
A journey of trials, errors and growth filled with charming characters!
Thanks to NetGalley and Simon Pulse for the opportunity to read and review From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon!
Unique storytelling in the form of diary entries by Twinkle, as she relays the happenings in her life, let us know what makes her tick. Twinkle’s charming and calmly optimistic outlook on life shines as she addresses her entries to famous women that she admires. She wants to be a filmmaker and in the process of making her film, ends up hurting several people. She feels overwhelmed and has to step back and reevaluate everything. A journey of trials and errors and growth filled with charming characters makes this realistic fiction story a keeper, 4 stars!
**I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

I was sooooo excited to read this book and it didn't let me down! At first I was a bit hesitant about the format (I'm not very into diary entry books), but I got over it pretty quickly and it kind of fit for this story. (**Side note: I've now learned about a few female film directors that I had not heard of before**) I personally enjoyed that while I thought certain things were going to happen in the story, not everything went exactly as I thought that it would. A quick read, that can resonate with many, not just the aspiring film directors of the world
This book was a fun book for anyone looking for a great romantic comedy.  I loved how Twinkle's voice shown through.  I thought it was a clever device to show her journal entries.  I loved every page of this book.
We chose this selection as one of Modern Mrs Darcy's "20 books everyone will be talking about this summer": https://modernmrsdarcy.com/summer-book-list/
After When Dimple Met Rishi I didn't think I could love another book quite like Menon's debut novel. However, From Winkle, with Love proved me wrong. I also didn't know if I would like the format since it's mostly comprised of letters Twinkle is writing to her female director heroes, but I did. Menon has a way of pulling the reader into the story, particularly when it's written in a letter/texting style like this because you get a true sense of what the characters are thinking and feeling that way. I loved the entire premise of Twinkle doing a remake of Dracula from a female perspective and working with her crush's nerdy twin brother. A twist was that Twinkle is also receiving love letters from a secret admirer, one who she assumes in Neil, Sahil's brother whom she has always had a thing for. In the meantime her best friend is pulling away from her into a more popular crowd. Twinkle thinks hooking up with Neil will solve all her problems, taking her from a nobody, invisible groundling to a popular girl and winning her friend back in the process. This story put the family issues more towards the back instead of making them a forefront problem for the main character like in Dimple, but I still enjoyed learning about Twinkle's family dynamics. The ending made me cry and I was so happy with Twinkle's transformation throughout the story.

*Thank you NetGalley for providing this ARC. All opinions are my own.
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

From Twinkle, With Love is a YA contemporary that follows Twinkle, an Indian-American filmmaker. Throughout the book, Twinkle sets her sights on making a film and in doing so, causes a ton of drama and heartfelt moments. Though the novel was touching, there were times when I was frustrated with Twinkle, and didn't support her actions. This showed how complex the protagonist was, but it made it hard to empathize with her as much as I wanted. In comparison to When Dimple Met Rishi, I did like Menon's debut more, but From Twinkle, With Love is a strong addition to Menon's published works. I'm looking forward to reading more from the author in the future!
Loved this as much as her other book! Her books are a must read for me now.  So cute! It is funny, sweet and light-hearted. So good!
Menon’s “From Twinkle, With Love” is one of my favorite books to date. From the opening pages I am captured by Menon’s use of the young adult voice. As a reader, I could relate to Twinkle’s high school experience of wanting to fit in (even if I am more than a decade beyond high school!). Told through Twinkle’s perspective in the form of letters written to her favorite actresses, the novel invites readers to examine how far they would go in order to fit in with the “cool kids” of their school, all while trying to score a date with the most popular boy in school. There were moments I was laughing out loud at Twinkle’s descriptions of those around her, which caused me to thoroughly enjoy the novel even more. Definitely recommending this novel to my students and for our One School, One Story summer reading program!
This book deserves the hype it's been getting!

Very sweet teen novel with a highly relatable character. While I enjoyed "When Dimple Met Rishi" more (Dimple has more spunk), I think this book still has an audience at the high school right alongside that one.
While I absolutely loved the debut novel by Menon--When Dimple Met Rishi--I did not have the same deep, immediate feeling for this, her second novel. It was cute, and funny and heartwarming, but just didn't grab me in the same way that Dimple did. I do, however, think that this novel would be better suited to younger readers, so that is one plus to this title.

I wanted to love this book. I thought I was going to love this book. I didn’t love this book.

After reading When Dimple Met Rishi, I was super excited to move onto this in hopes of another 5 star. However, this book was a little lack luster. It felt slightly untrue to high school. The characters weren’t as vibrant and as well developed as I would have liked them to be. And my over all enjoyment of the book was dampened by how rude and unappreciative Twinkle was. There were many times for her to “see the light” and “learn a lesson,” and yet she did the same act over and over which frustrated me. I understand she is a teenager and naive, but those attributes do not condone being rude or condescending.

What saved this book was Sahil, I really enjoyed his character and felt bad for him. He was his own true person, pursuing what he wanted in the midst of his brothers shadow and what society was expecting of him. He was true to himself and for that, I am grateful.

I would like to read a book possibly from one of Menon’s male characters, because they truly are the characters I have been adoring so far!
Yet another winner from Sandhya Menon! And I’m doubly impressed because I’m usually not into the whole epistolary format thing but I really liked this (Dimple is still my fave though). The beginning was a bit touch and go, at least for me, as we're thrown headfirst in Twinkle Mehra's life through her first journal entry. Twinkle is an aspiring filmmaker and journals the ongoings of her day-to-day through letters to her favorite female filmmakers. We find out that she sees herself as an unpopular wallflower, is struggling to hold onto her best friend who is popular, and she's crushing on Neil Roy. But it’s his twin brother Sahil who approaches her to collaborate on a movie to submit to the Summer Festival. Of course Twinkle says yes and that’s when it really starts to pick up. The story starts to unfold rather predictably as Twinkle falls for Sahil (I mean, who wouldn’t? I loved him!) and she begins to truly look at herself and who and what she wants. But Menon also explores balancing new and old friends, growing up, family struggles, identity and first love in such an honest and earnest way. And it was the latter – not to mention the fun filmmaking stuff – that I enjoyed the most!

Do I recommend? I do! So far I’ve enjoyed both of Menon’s books and I can’t wait for her next one!
love the cover and the diversity pls more books with unique and fun protagonists thanks i'm happy with most of the book but it didn't really blow me away or anything like that