Cover Image: The Present

The Present

This was a delightful love story.  You get to experience a cozy mystery that has Lucy working hard to solve.  She is in the middle of helping her grandmother who is recovering from a nasty fall, and realizing she needs to decide what she wants in life.  The characters are well developed and you will develop definite opinions about them.

Personally, I fell in love with Jack and although he was dealing with his own emotional trauma, he is a good hearted soul.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins for an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
The story behind a box of ornaments found in her grandmothers attic sends our heroine on a mission to figure out the story behind the box and who sent it. It’s a nice read and I enjoyed the ending.
This is a charming, heartwarming Christmas story.  I read Christmas stories all year long and this is a really good one.  I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and will be looking for other books by this author.
Fun, quick, sweet read.  Loved all the characters and their interactions.  I under I did this a little backwards but Christmas in June was welcomed in the form of this sweet love story that spanned the years.
From the first chapter I knew I would. enjoy this book from finding the box in the attic and the Christmas ornaments didn’t take me long to read it at all thoroughly enjoyed it kept me intrigued I love stories like this so for me it’s a big thumbs up 😀😀😀😀😀
I recommend you read The Present from both authors.

This is a very sweet story but I liked the crime one a bit more if I am being completely honest but this is very good as well.

I always enjoy love stories around Christmas time. "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me.. one romantic Christmas you won't forget".

This book is so sweet and engaging. I couldn't put it down and read this book in one day.

While Lucy Jackson is cleaning out her grandmother's Olive's house, she finds twelve beautiful Christmas decorations that have their own story. Lucy is heartbroken over their story until she finds love with the gardener.

Pretty good book.
This is a lovely, heartwarming story of Lucy and her grandmother.  After a fall, Lucy’s grandmother is recovering in hospital, and its touch and go.  The decision is made for Lucy to clean out her grandmother’s home and have her move in with her and her boyfriend.  Though Rob isn’t too sure about that, it doesn’t fit in with his plan.
Seeing it is coming up to Christmas, Lucy is under pressure to sort out the house, see her grandmother and to follow Robs Christmas social calendar, to assist him at work to get a promotion.
Along with the Grandmother’s handyman, they discover an old box in the attic containing some lovely 12 day’s of Christmas decorations, and a mystery as to who may have given them to Lucy’s grandmother.  Lucy is then entranced by the need to find anything out about the treasures and the romantic story behind the gift of them to her Grandmother in 1944.
I really enjoyed this story, kept me engaged for the whole story.  Well written.
I loved this book. It was a quick, light read that is perfect for the holidays. Gives you that family-oriented, warm fuzzy feeling of Christmas time. I enjoyed reading about the main characters and watching the love stories unfold, both past and present. A must read! Thank you NetGalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read this.
A very enjoyable read like the way that the story and characters develop in a nice relaxing way.
It is a page turner,and the reader can not wait what will happen in the end a story of hope, love and comitment.
i  enjoyed reading this book - I was drawn into the mystery of the Christmas ornaments, I couldn't wait to find out more. I have just started 'The Present Book 1' so am reading them in the wrong order, but am intrigued with that too so far.