Blood, Dirt, and Lies

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2017

Mallory the Death Witch can talk to ghosts which should really help her as a murder detective. But cryptic messages from a drowned ghost aren’t that helpful in actually solving their murder

When a second almost murder happens nearly right in front of her - and both victims seem to be heavily politically connected which brings even more of a level of pressure and complexity - and personal risk. These are powerful enemies to make

This book adds nicely to the world building in nicely gentle, non-info-dumpy ways. I really like how the book expanded on Selkies, giving us lots of hints about their culture without necessarily sitting us down for a lecture. Similarly the references to how magical...

See Full Review

I received a copy of Blood, Dirt, and Lies by Rachel Graves from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was the first book by Rachel Graves that I had read, but I was quickly hooked by the world she created. Fortunately, even though this book was part of a series, it was not difficult to get up to speed on the characters or creatures of her world.

What first caught my attention was that the summary was intriguing and promised a fun read. Then the novel itself was fast paced with a fresh/different plot than the norm. The protagonist, Mallory Mors, was incredibly well-written, and even though her character was flawed, it made her all the more likeable and able to...

See Full Review