In Bloom

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Aug 2018

I really loved this book. Kayla was very honest with her struggles with insecurity and finding confidence through her identity in Christ. She tackled a number of areas where women struggle with insecurity: our bodies, our pasts, our gifts, our relationships, and our parenting to name a few. I felt like we could be good friends who bond over Baby Sitters Club books and 90s nostalgia. The book spoke to me personally but I also think it would be a very helpful and encouraging read for teen girls as well. A great book for women to remind them of the freedom and confidence we can have in Christ.
I was privileged to get a pre-release copy of the latest book by Kayla Aimee called, "In Bloom" and I can not tell you how many tears I shed, how many times I chuckled out loud and just how many times I felt like Kayla had somehow secretly reviewed my own private diary before writing this book. I wish I could give a copy of this book to every woman in my life. Ladies do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book! I had a hard time putting this book down and spent a couple of late nights reading far later than I should have! I enjoyed this book so much I have already started reading one of Kayla's other books called, Anchored.
Insecurity and self doubt can occur at any time and any age. The author shares personal life stories while giving encouragement and hope. Each person has their own life experience and the way we handle these experiences can be a blessing to us and to others. This book made me laugh and cry. I kept thinking how some of the stories remind me of my own life. Great book. I received a copy for free and this is my own personal opinion.