Cover Image: In Bloom

In Bloom

I felt like the author had opened my heart/head and saw all my insecurities from my whole life. I loved that she taught from the scriptures which gave weight to her principles. This book was recommended to me by my sister who knows my weaknesses almost as well as I do, and I will be recommending it to my daughters.
There's something about Kayla Aimee's writing that makes you think, "Did she read my diary?!" Her words and stories are so relatable and she has a way to make you laugh, and cry, and say, "Me too!" over and over again.
When I read this book I found myself stopping to highlight passages in almost every chapter. In Bloom touches on some tough subjects but Kayla is able to bring your focus back to the good in ourselves.
While this is a Christian book, you don't have to be a church goer to appreciate the message so beautifully portrayed here. I highly recommend this for anyone who has ever found themselves struggling with insecurities or finding where they belong. You will surely find something in these pages to relate to.
A funny, encouraging, and honest look at insecurity in the life of the Christian woman. I wish I could have read it years ago.

*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
I wouldn't have picked up this book were it not for the author, as I am not a practising Christian. Having read "anchored", I really liked Kayla Aimee and her style of writing so wanted to read her next book and I am really glad I did. Although there are biblical references in the book, I didn't find them 'in your face' or overwhelming, and they related well to the subject being discussed. It was so great to know that sometimes other people are going through a crisis of confidence for many reasons and helped me feel less alone. A very enjoyable read and one I am glad to have been able to review.
I really loved this book. Kayla was very honest with her struggles with insecurity and finding confidence through her identity in Christ. She tackled a number of areas where women struggle with insecurity: our bodies, our pasts, our gifts, our relationships, and our parenting to name a few. I felt like we could be good friends who bond over Baby Sitters Club books and 90s nostalgia. The book spoke to me personally but I also think it would be a very helpful and encouraging read for teen girls as well. A great book for women to remind them of the freedom and confidence we can have in Christ.
I was privileged to get a pre-release copy of the latest book by Kayla Aimee called, "In Bloom" and I can not tell you how many tears I shed, how many times I chuckled out loud and just how many times I felt like Kayla had somehow secretly reviewed my own private diary before writing this book. I wish I could give a copy of this book to every woman in my life. Ladies do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book! I had a hard time putting this book down and spent a couple of late nights reading far later than I should have! I enjoyed this book so much I have already started reading one of Kayla's other books called, Anchored.
Insecurity and self doubt can occur at any time and any age. The author shares personal life stories while giving encouragement and hope. Each person has their own life experience and the way we handle these experiences can be a blessing to us and to others. This book made me laugh and cry. I kept thinking how some of the stories remind me of my own life. Great book. I received a copy for free and this is my own personal opinion.