Ninja School Mum

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Mar 2018

A light romance which is well paced but is spoilt by a weak ending.
What a fast paced, action packed fun read. Chick lit meets espionage, made this unputdownable. Skye, mum to Leo had continuously moved to avoid being found. They eventually find a place to settle, add a bit of adventure, new friendships and romance and everything is as it should be or is it? The author’s writing style pulled me in from the beginning and I didn’t want it to end.
A fab book.
A must read.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Cat Books for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  First time reading this author.  I enjoyed this but didn't love it.  I did like the interaction between Thea and Skye. Lots of surprises in the book, you think you know what's going on and smack! You get blindsided.  Fun  I rate this a 3.5.
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Ninja School Mum is as funny as the title. The story is over the funny with action, romance and mystery readers will enjoy as they shut the door of reality. The story is fun, imaginative and while the story isn't perfect and sometimes left this reader a little confused.

Ninja School Mum is worth a few hours of fun. Not to mention if you are a parent who has dealt with schools yards, playground and play dates this story will make you laugh out loud.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Crooked Cat Books for my Copy.

DNF at 39%.

I lurved the blurb for this book, a small English village in which a former spy, a former spy handler and the lord of the manor, three school children and a baby all converge at the school gate.

Unfortunately the book didn't live up to its potential. There was a weird dichotomy in that the two main female characters Skye and Leah are full of mystery, the reader doesn't know quite what they are or who they work for. Yet Zack's every lifetime achievement is described in mind-numbing detail. I made three or four notes as I was reading that there was too much telling and not enough sharing.

One third of the way through this book I had no idea what genre of book I...

See Full Review