Immortal

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

The premise of the story was interesting, the writing needs improving and honestly the plot dragged in places. I felt as those editors could have done a better job with the removal of uneccessary details and because of this I wasn't invested as a reader. I grew bored with the whole mythical/fantasy aspect of the narration and just wanted the book to end. It wasn't my favorite and I'm highly doubtful I'll continue with the series.
I was hooked from the first page and didn't even expect to be. This is a dark, sexy, fantasy with multiple supernatural beings; vampires, witches,werewolves. It's a very fast paced novel and I enjoy that but if you're into slow burn this might not be for you as it is action packed.

I highly recommend it! I cant wait to read the rest of the series when it's out!
This book was not for me. I will be thinking about the ending and be hoping for a different one in future books.
I did enjoy the author's flow.
I had high hopes for this book & I was only mildly disappointed. I felt that the backstory could have been filled out a bit more, but at the same time the unknowing made for better reading. The characters could use a little more fleshing out in my opinion. The author or editor could have done a better job at making sure the reader knew which point of view they were reading. For these reasons I knocked off a star in the review. The plot line seemed to jump all over the place in some areas, but then would settle out & you would get back to the main plot line straighten out again.

In my opinion Natasha/Blaze is actually a witch/werewolf/vampire mix. She is bonded to a werewolf so to my understanding of standard werewolf knowledge that means she has the blood of the weres in her system. She just did not have enough to turn her or to make her part of the pack. For the fire ability that is the witch part. Again she may not have enough of it in here system to be considered a “true” witch. So that meant if she was gonna become a immortal supernatural creature to be with her bonded mate that left turning into a vampire. She unfortunately chose the wrong vampire group, I refuse to call it a coven cause that is a group of witches & her “mistress” was not running a group of witches.

The story is good and I plan on reading the series when they come out because the author does write a story that grips you and makes you wanna find out what happens. There are so many layers left to be discovered you almost can not wait for the next one.
Immortal: Guardian of Monsters is a supernatural fantasy novel which revolves around Natasha, a vampire who has a special ability to control fire, an element which typically destroys her kind. She is a member of a coven which is run by her lover who basically uses her as a killer for hire. I wasn't sure what the guardian in the title was referring to because she wasn't doing much guarding. I honestly couldn't figure her out as a character. One minute she's this hard core, cold-hearted killer and the next she turns into a depressed, pathetic woman who holes herself up in her room when the world isn't going her way. At the beginning of the book, she's a lesbian who has never been with a man or had an interest being with a man. By the end of the book, she's over that. One section in the beginning of the book doesn't even focus on her and it wasn't clear to me why the author chose to develop that storyline as much as they did. There might have been something there with the whole war between the werewolves and the vampires, but Natasha's incessant whining and depressed state just distracted me from that. Recommend the author try to work on Natasha's character development a bit more and focus more on who she is personally. Seems like she has been to dependent on others for too long.
I gave it 3.5 stars

I was both intrigued and annoyed after reading IMMORTAL.

IMMORTAL read like a Novella to me. It seemed like we were learning someone's past and that we should have known their future already, maybe? Natasha was super interesting to me. I didn't always like her, but by the end of the book I only wanted to know more.

The plot was a little all over the place, but it only made me want to keep reading. The pacing is fast and there is a lot of action. This story isn't bunnies and rainbows, there are a lot of dark and bloody moments.

So why could I possibly be annoyed? JUST when things finally start to make sense and we get a little bit of our questions answered it ends. AHHH. Yeah I want to read the next book and I hope I don't have to wait forever for it.

* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Natasha needs to become vampire. She is not a good candidate right up until she displays an affinity for fire. Then her tormentor and coven leader turns her, and her memory of being human is gone. Twisted and sadistic, her fire gains her an awful reputation as she targets the wolves and steals their children for her maker to build an army. When 2 hybrids come to the covenant, her reign of terror is but a memory to her as she has retreated into herself after a traumatic occurrence. With freedom within her grasp, some of her past makes itself known. This book was gritty, dark, bloody with no relief from the suffering of literally everyone. Every happy moment was crushed by Natasha, which made me drop stars. Several unfinished plot holes were aggravating. I also have a problem with the title. "Guardian"? Of what? There are no guardians in this book, at all. Supremely misleading title for an out of control killer by fire. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book from Netgalley.
This was such an interesting concept, I loved Blaze and enjoyed reading this story and hope there's more.
What if your whole life was a lie? Blaze/ Natasha is feared by everyone and she enjoys the missions that she goes on and she will do anything for her maker Cassandra but someone will come and change that all. She has been told so many lies and she has accepted everything that she has been told. She knows that she can trust Cassandra as she loves her and accepts her for what she is. But one night everything will change as she kills her werewolf children by accident and she just wants to die. But it isn't that easy as she is a vampire and no matter how she tries Cassandra always makes her drink. She is about to meet a werewolf/vampire that will change everything for help but it will come at a great cost to her & his sister. Will she ever be allowed to die that she what she deserves but someone from her past is about to show her what real pain is. She doesn't remember her past and she knows that she has to find out what made her give up everything. Could a werewolf be the answer to everything? What a great read had me turning those pages to see what was going to happen next. I hope that Natasha is able to find her answers and to get her revenge. Hopefully we get to see more about Jericho and why he hates Cassandra so much. Can't wait for the next book in the series. I was lucky enough to receive a copy via Netgalley & the publishing house in exchange for my honest review.
A litttle confusing in some parts but it was overall pretty enjoyable.