Cover Image: Just One Spark

Just One Spark

The synopsis sounds like something I would love, but the love ends there. Choppy writing, disjointed story, annoying heroine, frustrating characters, and the dumb idea that you can only fall in love at first sight. If there's no initial spark, it'll never be there. That idea just bothers me and feels very immature. All in all, not for me.
It was a really cute romance. I really love the chemistry that they had together. The only thing that wasn't really feeling was the end though.
Hahaha!!!  I really liked Mason and Hannah's story.  Their first interactions are laugh out loud funny and just perfect romance novel fare.  Once some initial misunderstandings are cleared up these characters really find their stride and deliver a really fun, sexy and easy romance that will keep you smiling all the way to the happy ever after!
I was a little disappointed with Just One Spark. The characters annoyed me slightly, especially Hannah. I just couldn’t relate to her which is something I expect when I read a book. Additionally, it was a quite fast paced which rushed the story a little too much for me. It was an easy read, I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either.
This was a pretty cute romance I really liked Mason he was a great character and it did not hurt him being a firefighter. I did not like Hannah so much I get that she had been hurt in the past but she spent most of the book using that as an excuse for the way she behaved and that just annoyed me and I think he deserved someone who wanted more than sex from him. I am glad they worked out though I may have picked someone else for him. It is worth a read though you may like her.
I love reading romances that feature firefighters and Mason did not let me down, even when his behaved kind of like a stalker. I liked that he did everything in his power to find Hannah and to get her to give him a chance. Hannah had been burned before, so it was understandable that she be extra cautious, but her back and forth attitude with Mason got to be a bit annoying. Even with all of Hannah's trust issues, it was clear that they worked together as a couple. Overall, I enjoyed the their story.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book I received from NetGalley. I was not compensated for this review, all conclusions are my own.
Hannah was a hopeless romantic. She looked forward to escaping in the romance books that were delivered to her home every month. What she couldn’t abide by was husbands that cheated on their wives. Why is it all she seems to attract are married men? She had no idea that when she met Mason he wasn’t all he appeared to be. He was simply more than she could ever have possible imagined. As she finally lets down the walls that have guarded her heart for so long she can fully embrace the life she wants to live. All it took was one spark for a flame to consume them both!
This book was a bit so so for me. Hannah and Mason were ok characters, but parts of the story seemed rushed or didn't make much sense. So just an ok read for me.
I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite but it was still readable-ish. It did take me a long time to read though because I had a really hard time connecting with the characters.
This is a book I could not finish. I really wasn't interested in the plot at all. I want to be a frog. You put me in a pot of warm water and set it to boil. I want to be invested into the story instead of thrown in right away. The guys are creepy and not at all good material. All I want is a good romance book, but this book was not it.
Just One Spark is a well written romance.  I loved the plot and the characters.  The author is new to me and I definitely will be reading more of her books.  I highly recommend this book.
This book was sexy and romantic but Hannah was just annoying. I'm all for having a conflict in the mix to bring a couple together, but dang. She just needed to get over herself and grow up!
I couldn't really get into this story, the main characters just didn't seem to really have that spark. Hannah spends her time being all hot-and-cold and complaining about how Mason only likes her for her body but the moment he tries to have a conversation with her she just runs and compares him to a guy that lied to her and had her as the other woman.

Mason was a like a super romantic because he has his parents perfect love at first sight story. So of course he comes across as a bit pushy because he feels he's found the one.

Like it's a semi-short read that resolves quickly, so, I'd say check it out, maybe you can find the spark I felt just wasn't there.

Rating 3 out of 5
Read@Book

NetGalley ARC
Hannah is a workaholic. She has virtually no life outside of work, but then she doesn't trust her instincts when it comes to men thanks to her last, disastrous relationship. Her family doesn't really appreciate the complexities of her job and she never really feels like she measures up for them.

Mason is a firefighter and is captivated by Hannah after a chance meeting. When she walks away from him, he is determined to find her and get to know her better.

This is a lovely romance and oh boy, if you like steam, this book has plenty! There is plenty else to keep you interested though. There is a little suspense thrown in that will keep you guessing a while along with a few other characters varying from the sleazy to the quirky. Mason's family....5 brothers....hooked me in too.

I loved the whole book from start to finish. I loved the main characters, who were warm and while Mason was quite straightforward, Hannah was quite complex. It made for a good mix. The steam....well yeah, that was pretty darn hot.

As a hot romance, this worked super well, so if this is your genre, this one is absolutely sigh worthy. I definitely recommend it, but find a quiet place where you can read undisturbed.
I really wanted to love this book. It seemed like a fun and light novel. But the hero came as a little too stalker-ish and the heroine was annoying and paranoid. I never liked her to be honest. Mason wasn't the best guy, but at least he loved her and the stalker-ish things he did were his way of finding the woman he liked and thought he could spend his life with. Hannah was just pushing him away without explanation and was cynical. I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with her to be honest. Katie and Derrek had more chemistry than Hannah and Mason did. You can't do much when the heroine is wary of men and doesn't want one. It felt like Mason was the only one who wanted a relationship. Maybe her family is at fault here because all of them live in the 50's and she needed to live in the opposite way. Speaking of her family, what was up with Troy? He was creepy sometimes and he was shady. It felt like he was the type of husband a heroine has before she meets the hero and her happily ever after.
4.5stars
A really cute funny great love story between firefighter Mason and successful store manager Hannah. The way they met and all the funny things that happen later are combined with a great enjoyable read. Both Hanah and Mason are greatly developed. Although I preferred a Mason a little bit better than Hannah. She just didn't trust her judgment in men and was not confident enough in her or Masons feelings. But in the end, it all ended well. Great funny read that I enjoyed reading every minute.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
I didn't realize that this book was going to be around the holidays so I decided to pick this book out but if you like reading books based around the holidays like myself you'll want to pick up this book down and save it for the ending of the year. Other then that I thought that this book was pretty good. I enjoyed the story and the connection between the two main characters and if your into that sorta thing there are plenty of steamy moments. I loved that there was that wierd element of wondering about a possible stalker that's been sending some photos to Hannah. If you are looking out for good contemporary filled with drama and romance you'll enjoy this book as much as I did.
Mason and Hannah meet and he forgets he has wedding band due to an experiment from his brother.  Hannah always attracts married men.  She's been burned.  I liked this story.  It was enjoyable.  The only thing that was annoying was the flip flopping she did about her feelings.  I understood why she felt the way she did, but gosh, it became kinda annoying.  Other than that, it was a good read. I would recommend it.

bookstagrammer--tweezyreads
Sometimes we need something extra sweet and cheesy to read and this book is a perfect read. I love stories that are sweet. Hannah has been burned pretty bad by her last relationship which is why she read romance books to get herself through it. While read a racy book at the laundry mat sitting stop a washer her one finds her just like that. Mason see her and finds her absolutely perfect even on a washer. But he forgets he is wearing a wedding ring. So she blows him off basically running away before he can explain he isn't married it an experiment he's helping his PhD brother with. I loved the chase Mason went through he was all in with Hannah from the get go. Perfect afternoon read!