Cover Image: Sister of Mine

Sister of Mine

Great read! Looking forward to reading more from this author! I highly recommend this book and author to all!
I loved the secrets in this book...ever family has them but rarely do they lead to a suspenseful story. I rate this book a 3.4
I am not really sure how I feel about this book. It had its moments. Was not overly impressed with the book, but it was an ok read. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on this review.
I recieved an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book and will recommend it often to lovers of mysteries, thrillers, and suspense novels!
It's a small town, with all the issues that come with small towns. Even so, two sisters have a secret. A secret that is taking a heavy toll on them. It's exhausting, draining and controls their lives. Ever in the background, this issue is going to push one of them over the edge if it keeps up. So, will that be Penny or Hattie? Who owes whom? What is the mystery involved? It's a complexed relationship and a rather riveting read. Unlike many books, this one picks up a bit after the halfway point. I think I can give this one four stars, though it feels more 3.5. My reasoning for that is because it had a chunk of how can you really pass that kind of thing off, or "under the rug"?

My copy came from Net Galley. My thoughts and opinions are my own. This review is left of my own free volition.
It was an interesting story but a predictable ending. It was a good story about how far two sisters will go for each other.

P.S. The person who requested I read this book was advised I was very backlogged. I am currently caught up on my ARC list. :)
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book and thank you to the publisher as well.  Sister of Mine by Laurie Petrou was a good read for me. It was fast paced and I couldn’t put it down. I’ll give no spoilers.  It’s the tale of two sisters I’ll give you that. It will hold your interest. I highly recommend it.
I had mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed the story line, but I still had a hard time getting through this. I felt that the pacing of the story was inadequate.
This is a nice fast paced domestic thriller! I enjoyed the read and found it easy to get sucked into Penny and Hattie's tale.

I find the sisters behavior toward each other fascinating especially with the secrets they keep. The tension was amazing and I liked the idea of the story. This story has Family, secrets, and deception.

Penny's husband dies which starts the secret between sisters, Can they keep the secret.....nice and twisty!
was a gripping thriller that took you to every aspect of trying to figure out what was really going on  and what was going to happen next! This was such an amazing book and I can’t wait to see what else is released from this author!
The tale of 2 sisters, Penny and Hattie and their love/hate relationship.  A slow start, was going to say slow burner, but probably not appropriate here!  There were some hauntingly beautiful descriptions, but those sisters, neither of them very pleasant.  This book was more engrossing the further into it you get, so stick with it and you won’t be disappointed.
Massively enjoyed this book. A very intense story that revolves around the love/hate relationship of two sisters and their secrets. A typical small town setting with its own 'baddies' completes this perfect storm resulting in a fantastic tale.
Whilst i did see that ending a mile away and it was a slow start, the novel 'Sister of Mine' kept a fast pace throughout and definitely had me interested as to the bonds between sisters and family and how some tragedies stay with you under the surface, long after everyone else forgets about them.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
There is something epic about this book, both in subject and scope. On starting the novel, I suspected it was going to be yet another tale of sisterly rivalry - there are so many, all with the word 'sister' in the title. But it isn't. It's much more. Laurie draws her characters with such confidence, such depth in few brush strokes, that some months after reading, I still remember them. They are warm, crooked, miserly and generous. And the setting - beautifully evoked. I almost missed the old house when I finished reading. A rambling, Victorian-esque drama. Extremely enjoyable.
Sister of Mine by Laurie Petrou is quite a novel.  It is gritty and dark, full of troubled relationships.  In many of these situations, the characters make horrible choices with devastating consequences.  And what holds it all together?  The very intertwined relationship between the two sisters keeps it all together.  Would you do anything for someone you love?  At any cost?  This is a good read, but the characters were very unlikable and hard to connect with.  I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations.  These opinions are entirely my own.
Absolutely outstanding..this novel draws you and will not let you go, I just could not put it down it was so captivating.
I loved it and I would highly recommend it.
Like my own experiences with siblings, this story of two sisters details relationship highs and lows. It was an okay read but not great. It was an okay story, but not great. It was okay writing, but not great. And there were okay characters but not great. I had to force myself to finish it, because it never did grab me.
I'm not sure why this is so compelling, but there's something about "Sister of Mine" that had me desperate to know more.

Two sisters kill the abusive husband of one in a fire, an action that haunts them for the rest of their lives. Petrou doesn't dwell on the abuse, preferring to focus on the consequences and how the two women cope with the aftermath of murder.

It's an unusual book, out of the ordinary, atmospheric and haunting. I found it to be a breath of fresh air among a lot of mediocre books I've read recently.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC without obligation.
A slow moving mystery that may appeal to fans of The Girl in Cabin 10. However, I found the nonlinear narrative frustrating and couldn't find a likable character. I'm a big physiological thriller fan, and although Sister of Mine is written simply and hauntingly, I just couldn't find a hook to make want to keep reading.
I received a free copy from NetGalley.  Sister relationships can be complicated and this one is more complicated by because of secrets.  Another story where what one character does ties into what another feels and does.  Wasn't what I expected at the end.  I wonder if I would view the charterers and their actions different through out the story now that I know the ending?