Cover Image: Bonyo Bonyo

Bonyo Bonyo

A true inspirational story for children with a multicultural setting which will definitely give them a glimpse of what hardships some people have to suffer to acquire things they get so easily. The theme of following your dreams no matter what comes your way is of such significance and is effortlessly imbued in this book.

I adore the theme of people helping other people to accomplish their goals; in a world where the light of tolerance and humanity is slowly diminishing, it is indeed very refreshing to read the biography of someone who was helped by a lot of people along the way to reach his ultimate dream and then him contributing back to the same community that helped him! The importance of getting an education is also highlighted in the book, which I think is great considering so many children these days who are offered education on a silver platter hardly make the most of it. The illustrations were mesmerizing - especially the one where the granny is telling a bedtime story.

It's a touching non-fiction story and certainly one that will continue inspiring me whenever I'm not grateful enough for all that I have as well as when I feel undetermined to accomplish my goals, because I will surely remember the circumstances in which Dr. Bonyo made his breakthrough!

An excellent and concise story concerning a quiet hero.

I love this book! Bonyo Bonyo is a very inspiring read for children and a wonderful story to teach your child about trying and hard work.

Amazing story written perfectly to help children understand the life of people with less resources than themselves. Also, a great way to inspire children and show that hard work can lead to great things. For a story that deals with so many hardships, it is written clearly and easy for a child to understand.

I really loved this book. It shows that if you try hard enough, and with a little help, you can accomplish your dreams. It was so sweet that I almost teared up. The illustrations are beautiful, and go great with the story. They are very colorful and vivid. Children will love them. Parents too. I think this book will do well in both school libraries, and at home.